In the last week we did more bug fixing, continued the work of moving remote poller funcitonality to the Minion, OpenConfig support, Meridian 2020 prep, and more.
Also, the presentations for Dev-Jam 2020 are now live.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I continued to work on fixing up some guts of the OpenNMS systemd startup
- Patrick, Dustin, and Christian did some more work on moving the remote poller to the Minion
- Dustin updated our scripts to all use
#!/usr/bin/env bash rather than
- Jesse and Chandra worked on OpenConfig support, including creating a new telemetry API for configuring connections to external tools
- Chandra worked on a bug where Syslogd would send new suspect events with a null IP
- Stefan added support for passing arbitrary java options to the JVM startup on Minion using confd
- Patrick fixed an issue with handling resource graph properties
- I worked on prepping for Meridian 2020, based on Horizon 26
- Patrick worked on an issue with propagation of application topology provider statuses
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Jeff worked on fixing the example
jetty.xml to match the current version
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Jeff Gehlbach
- Jesse White
- Patrick Schweizer
- Stefan Wachter
Dev-Jam 2020 Presentations Now Live
Dev-Jam is a time for developers of OpenNMS to get together, socialize, and work on something cool.
This year (of course) Dev-Jam was virtual, but we continued the tradition of Friday presentations to show what was worked on during the week.
The presentation videos are now live on our YouTube channel.
There were 11 presentations, ranging from integrations to notifications to testing and UX.
Calendar of Events
Upcoming Releases - September 1st, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is September 1st, 2020.
Currently we expect new bugfix releases from Meridian 2019 and Horizon 26.
Also coming up next is Horizon 27.
While we can't yet say when it will be released, it's going to contain a bunch of great stuff:
- improvements to node caching for flow processing
- VMware metadata has been moved from assets to the new node metadata
- Minion improvements, including configuration enhancements and an overhaul to RPC thread-handling
- a new handy global search bar in the web UI
- a major rework of remote poller functionality, now integrated with the Minion (we're calling it Application Perspective Monitoring)
- BMP improvements
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12693: Can't install Horizon on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- NMS-12792: Remote Poller: Add outages for remote poller status changes
- NMS-12793: Resource Graph properties throws exception if label starts with a number
- NMS-12805: Wildcard certificate rejected after upgrade from OpenNMS version 26.1.1 to 26.1.2
- NMS-12812: AbstractXmlCollectionHandler.parseString() doesn't handle json content
- NMS-12821: Remote Poller: Change monitoring locations UI to reflect model changes
- NMS-12822: Remote Poller: Change Admin UI to reflect Application model changes
- NMS-12824: Syslogd is sending new suspect events with null IP Address
- NMS-12840: Hardcoded path to bash
- NMS-12844: Remove polling package selection from application
- NMS-12851: Remote Poller: remove scanreports UI and ReST endpoint