It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon! (Did I miss last week? Shhh! Too busy doing cool stuff. Probably.)
In the last week we did a lot of plumbing work in Provisiond, Telemetryd, and topology, as well as more documentation improvements, a Prometheus collector, and a Graphite telemetry adapter.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I did more work fixing up CircleCI workflows.
- Bonnie did more work on beefing up core documentation.
- Jesse fixed an issue with serialized objects and ActiveMQ.
- Chandra worked on enhancing the metadata provided with response time resources in Kafka.
- Chandra added a new event for when a Provisiond node scan starts.
- Dustin did more work on replacing the remote poller.
- Chandra and Jesse made some enhancements to flow aggregation.
- Marcel worked on updating the JDBCQueryMonitor and SystemExecuteMonitor documentation.
- Chandra did more work on adding OpenTracing support to Provisiond.
- Jesse added a collector for applications instrumented with Prometheus.
- Patrick worked on some updates to make sure only one interface is marked SNMP primary.
- Pierre worked on additional confd options for the Minion.
- Patrick updated node enrichment to work on OIA topology providers.
- Patrick added tooltip support to the legacy topology provider.
- Patrick worked on an ALEC provider for the new graph API.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Chandra added a smoke test for the password change UI.
- Chandra did work on restoring the universal search bar.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Jesse White
- Marcel Fuhrmann
- Matthew Brooks
- Patrick Schweizer
- Pierre Bouffard
- Ronny Trommer
Calendar of Events
May Releases - May 5th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is May 5th, 2020. Currently we expect point/bug fix releases of Meridian 2019 and Horizon 26.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-238: Circuit breaker exception in Flow Deep Dive Dashboard
- HELM-239: Too many buckets exception in Flow Deep Dive Dashboard
- NMS-12374: Add opentracing support for Provisiond
- NMS-12577: Prometheus collector
- NMS-12645: Add selenium test for password change
- NMS-12646: Re-enable Central Search functionality
- NMS-12647: Update smoketests to support various Kafka compression codecs
- NMS-12648: Bump ES version used in Smoke Tests
- NMS-12653: Remove remote-poller runtimes from the build
- NMS-12654: Update remote-poller model to link service to locations instead of individual RPs
- NMS-12656: Aggregate flow metrics w/ stream processing
- NMS-12658: Provisiond: Add NodeScanStarted event for scheduled scans
- NMS-12661: Add more context to Response Time resources (Kafka Producer)
- NMS-12663: Flow aggregation - alternate indices based on duration of time range filter
- NMS-12671: BMP parse error for path attribute MP_UNREACH_NLRI
- NMS-12673: Authenticated RCE vulnerability via ActiveMQ Minion payload deserialization
- NMS-12674: Enable node enrichment for Topology providers comming from the Integration Api