It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we did more thresholding cleanups, lots of Docker work, graph service updates, sink and RPC improvements, startup and config checking fixes, flow UI and ReST updates, and a ton of bug fixing.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- David worked on fixing reloading thresholds when node categories change.
- Ronny did more work on OpenNMS/Minion/Sentinel Docker containers.
- Patrick continued his work on updates to the new graph service.
- Marcel did some work cleaning up threshold events to be more descriptive/useful.
- Matt worked on refactoring API types to the OIA.
- Chandra worked on supporting large buffer sizes in the Kafka sink, along with some other sink/RPC metric updates.
- David started working on refactoring Threshd out of
- I fixed a bug that could cause
opennms startexit codes to indicate success when they should have failed.
- I worked on cleaning up the various RPM packages so they would create more
.rpmsavefiles rather than
.rpmnewfor configs that should be overwritten by default.
- I fixed
dpkg-distchecking in OpenNMS startup as well as adding it to Minion and Sentinel.
- Chandra added tracing to the sink API.
- Chandra fixed a memory leak in Drools when it reloads configuration.
- Dino contributed some fixes to the WS-Man asset adapter.
- Christian fixed a bug in threshold load calculation.
- Jesse fixed a memory leak in the JMX connector.
- Patrick fixed a bug where SNMP proxy hosts would be addressed incorrectly.
- Web, ReST, and UI
- Christian updated the node search page to include the ability to search for nodes with or without flow data, as well as showing flow data indicators on the node list, node details, and resource graph pages.
- David did some more work on the Helm enhancements to support root cause feedback.
- Matt started work on supporting graphing flows for a specific host.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany - June and October
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OpenNMS Dev-Jam 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.
More details are available in the announcement.
Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany - November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
Details are still forthcoming but we’re hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.