It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we worked on Java 9+ fixes, correlation, data collection in OIA, and topology.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I wrapped up my fixes to the new refactored
- Jesse continued to work on updating the correlation engine to use Drools internally.
- Chandra continued to work on data collection support in the integration API.
- Dustin did more work on arbitrary node metadata support.
- Chandra worked on JDBC driver loading on Minions.
- Matt did more work on building with Java 9+.
- David worked on making the inventory model used by the correlation engine configurable.
- Matt continued to work on adapting topology code to the new refactored Enlinkd and adding tests.
- Markus continued to work on moving our embedded Karaf to 4.2.
- Web & UI
- I worked on wrapping up release stuff for Helm 3.0.
Horizon and Meridian Releases
We released OpenNMS Horizon 23.0.3 and Meridians 2016.1.18, 2017.1.14, and 2018.1.5.
The majority of the changes were bug fixes, along with a number of performance improvements in Horizon and in Meridian 2018.
For a complete list of changes, see the relevant release announcements:
Upcoming Events and Appearances
NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany - June and October
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany - November 4th through 7thWe will be at OSMC in November. Details are still forthcoming but we're hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1468: Remove features-maven-plugin from the build
- HZN-1482: Update the topology generator so that topology is sent to the TopologyDAO
- NMS-10549: Typo in Northbound registerNorthnounders method
- NMS-10566: Update default Syslog parser to use the RadixTreeSyslogParser
- NMS-10567: Browser crashes when browser notifications are enabled and OpenNMS gets unreachable
- NMS-10579: Start with the start script throws bad substitution error
- OIA-5: Add support for Ticketing Plugin in Integration API