It's time once again for OpenNMS On the Horizon.
Since last time, we did more work on config manager migrations, OIA, asynchronous detectors, log4j2, TFTP, Nephron docs, events, caching, resource ReST API, OpenAPI, the Vue UI, Helm tests, and the geomap.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Upendra, Tikayat, Freddy, Pushkar, and Dmitri did more work on migrating notifications, WMI and WS-Man to the new config manager
- Jesse fixed an issue with integration API tests
- Yang Li worked on making detectors more asynchronous
- I updated Log4j2
- Jesse did more work on running OIA plugins on the Sentinel
- Stefan worked on an embedded TFTP server for getting router configs
- Ronny worked on nephron doc generation
- I worked on a change to make
BIGINT to help avoid wraparounds
- Stefan fixed a synchronization issue in the interface/node cache
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Stefan worked on making the resources ReST API capable of querying multiple string parameters in a single request
- Mike worked on adding rapidoc to the UI for handling OpenAPI info
- Makarand worked on cleaning up some of the Vue UI code
- I worked on creating a test environment for Helm
- Farid worked on the node detail popup in the geomap
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Dmitri Herdt
- Farid Ahmad
- Freddy Chu
- Jesse White
- Makarand Patil
- Mike Rose
- Pushkar Suthar
- Ronny Trommer
- Stefan Wachter
- Tikayat Mohanta
- Upendra Guggilam
- Yang Li
Upcoming January Releases
OpenNMS is on a monthly release schedule, with releases happening on the second Wednesday of the month.
The next OpenNMS release day is January 12th, 2021.
We currently expect minor updates to Horizon 29 and all supported Meridian releases.
Next Horizon: 30 (Q2 2022)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 30.
Horizon 30 is currently expected to have the following features:
- the start of a new Vue-based UI using the Feather Design System
- thresholding support for Flow data
- support for running OIA plugins on Minion and Sentinel
- support for backing up router configuration files
Next Meridian: 2022 (Q1 2022)
The current expectation is that we will release Meridian 2022 in Q1 of next year. It will be based on Horizon 29 plus any bug fixes that happen between November and the Meridian release.
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Time…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-97: upgrade log4j to 2.17.0
- NMS-13751: Add OIA plugin support for Sentinel
- NMS-13782: Synchronization violated for InterfaceToNodeCacheDaoImpl
- NMS-13867: Fix the RRD path for the plugin collectors
- NMS-13868: CVE-2021-45105: Update to Log4j 2.17.0
- NMS-13871: Bump log4j2 version in Nephron
- NMS-13873: Add new UI RapiDoc interface to consume OpenApi spec