In the last week we wrapped up a few projects, worked on adding meta-data support to thresholding, and fixed a few bugs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I finally merged the mega-test-refactor branch DJ started a few Dev-Jams ago. Yay!
- Jesse worked on wrapping up his KAR integration API plugin Maven archetype.
- Chandra worked on adding support for meta-data in thresholding.
- Dustin worked on fixing some Telemetryd bugs.
- I added some more test infrastructure around user authentication.
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Chandra Gorantla
- DJ Gregor
- Dustin Frisch
- Jesse White
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The next OpenNMS release day is October 6th, 2020.
The current plan is to release Horizon 26.2.2 as well as Meridian 2019 and 2020.
Next Horizon: 27 (Q4 2020)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 27.
It's going to contain a bunch of great stuff:
- improvements to node caching for flow processing
- VMware meta-data has been moved from assets to the new node meta-data
- Minion improvements, including configuration enhancements and an overhaul to RPC thread-handling
- a new handy global search bar in the web UI
- improved SNMPv3 auth configuration
- a major rework of remote poller functionality, now integrated with the Minion (we're calling it Application Perspective Monitoring)
Next Meridian: 2020 (Q4 2020)
Meridian 2020 will be based on Horizon 26.1, and should have roughly the same featureset as Horizon 26.1.3 plus a few bugfixes we've made since then.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12079: Investigate if the InstallerDB could be replaced with something simpler
- NMS-12655: Rewrite the remote poller backend to use Minion
- NMS-12817: make allowing legacy MD5 passwords configurable
- NMS-12896: Telemetryd: a lot of InstanceAlreadyExistsExceptions when starting OpenNMS with default configuration
- NMS-12901: Grafana step size is ignored when InfluxDB or Cortex is used
- NMS-12905: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.opennms.netmgt.filter.api.FilterParseException
- NMS-12910: Add logging configuration for Perspective Poller
- OIA-29: Create Maven archetype for .kar plugin