It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we did more CircleCI infrastructure work, continued to work on BMP features, did more documentation updates, and did a bunch of small feature work and bugfixing.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Dustin, Christian, and Jesse continued their work on improvements to BMP integration.
- Jesse fixed the minion container to not enable JMS when Kafka is enabled.
- Bonnie continued her work on improving thresholding documentation.
- Chandra did more work on the conversion to using protobuf instead of bson for flow payloads.
- I implemented foundation and release branch merging in CircleCI and turned them off in Bamboo.
- Jeff disabled logging RTC events by default in Horizon 26 and up.
- Ronny updated the Horizon and Sentinel CircleCI config to push RC branches.
- Ronny did more work on updating Helm documentation generation.
- Ronny updated Minion in smoke tests to run as non-root.
- Chandra worked on adding tracing support to Provisiond.
- Patrick worked on a few web UI fixes.
- Sean worked on updating RPM builds for compatibility.
- Sean worked on making it possible to ZSTD in Kafka.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- I fixed documentation generation in OpenNMS.js.
- I fixed a bug in d3 event handling in the Topology UI.
Calendar of Events
April Releases - April 7th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is April 7th, 2020.
Unless we run into major issues, we're hoping to release Horizon 26 in April, which, among other things, includes support for BMP telemetry collection.
There will also be updates to all active Meridian releases.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-8032: Describe Alarm status behavior in user documentation
- NMS-8546: Event to Notification matching is not documented
- NMS-9754: RTC subscription events should not be persisted to DB
- NMS-12426: Add BMP config example and documentation
- NMS-12513: Security issue disclosures, 31 Jan 2020
- NMS-12521: Use protobuf instead of bson for encoding/decoding Netflow payloads
- NMS-12559: Improve parsing of BGP extended communities attribute
- NMS-12560: Populate path id and labels attributes in unicast prefix messages (OpenBMP integration)
- NMS-12569: Async DNS resolution for Hostnames in BMP
- NMS-12617: XSS security issues
- NMS-12619: sentinel-coordination-zookeeper doesn't start due to missing dependency
- NMS-12625: Description: Cannot create monitored-service with JSON via ReST
- NMS-12628: auto-merge foundation branches in CircleCI
- NMS-12630: Push Minion OCI to DockerHub for release branches
- NMS-12631: Minion confd template should disable JMS when using Kafka
- NMS-12635: Restore CAP_NET_RAW capabilities in Minion when running as non-root
- NMS-12641: Support for more extended community types in BMP
- NMS-12642: Confd download fails silently on Docker install
- NMS-12643: Error parsing MP_UNREACH_NLRI attribute
- NMS-12644: BMP Parser Bulkhead Config does not work