It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
Sorry for the delay in getting this out, I was hiding in the Caribbean away from all the toilet paper hoarders.
In the last couple of weeks we worked on CircleCI workflow updates, the new time-series API, improvements to Minion configuration, normalizing our Karaf command-names, CIDR support for classification rules, a Prometheus collector, a bunch of Docker updates, and documentation improvements.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I worked on backporting our CircleCI workflow to
foundation-2018 as part of our continuing process to stop using Bamboo internally.
- Patrick continued his work to create a new API for time-series data.
- Jesse did more work on the project to normalize all Karaf commands under an
- Matt worked on adding support for using Confd to configure Minions with a yaml file.
- Dustin continued his work on BMP support.
- Matt fixed a race condition in Telemetryd logging.
- Chandra did more work on converting to using protobuf rather than BSON for transporting flow data.
- Jesse worked on a collector for Prometheus-formatted data.
- Markus wrapped up adding support for CIDR in classification rule expressions.
- Chandra worked on fixing a bug in the Karaf command when attempting to remove something from SNMP definitions.
- Jesse worked on performance improvements to OIA's use of cached alarms.
- Ronny worked on adding support for publishing arm64/armhf Docker images for Minion.
- Bonnie did a bunch of updates to the thresholding docs in Horizon, as well as info on making PDF reports from Grafana dashboards.
- Sean updated our Kafka components dependency to 2.4.0.
- Chandra made improvements to the node cache used by flow enrichment.
- Alejandro fixed a bug in the health-check script for Minion and Sentinel Docker images.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Ronny and Bonnie did more work on wrapping up CircleCI publishing, building, and documentation for Helm.
Calendar of Events
April Releases - April 7th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is April 7th, 2020.
Unless we run into major issues, we're hoping to release Horizon 26 in April, which includes support for BMP telemetry collection.
OpenNMS Training - Moonachie, New Jersey - April 27th through May 1st, 2020
The OpenNMS Group will be offering training at SecureWatch 24 Fusion Center in Moonachie, New Jersey the week of April 27th. 8 seats are available, and the deadline for signing up is April 17th.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-83: Deadlock in ALEC causes OpenNMS to hung
- HELM-206: Document how to use the filter panel
- HELM-207: Document how to use the entity data-source
- HELM-214: Publish build artifacts with CircleCI to Cloudsmith
- HELM-218: Integrate Antora documentation into CircleCI
- HELM-222: Sign RPM and DEB packages with GPG key
- HELM-223: Archive old AsciiBinder documentation
- HELM-227: Some filter could be documented
- JICMP-24: create CircleCI build for JICMP6
- NMS-10413: Prefix all shell commands with "opennms"
- NMS-12413: SNMP Remove from definitions fails for definitions with profile label
- NMS-12423: Allow CIDR notation in our IP filter implementation
- NMS-12424: Create BMP Adapter forwarding to OpenBMP
- NMS-12436: Use Router Id (and maybe AS) to associate node with exporting router's data
- NMS-12534: Evaluate flow-related Elasticsearch query performance
- NMS-12565: "No future found for message" warnings in telemetryd log
- NMS-12573: Refine parameter handling in Adapters
- NMS-12578: Confd templates for Minion configuration
- NMS-12580: Improve node cache in flow document enrichment
- NMS-12581: Improve OIA performance when mapping alarms
- NMS-12582: Upgrade Kafka components to 2.4.0
- NMS-12600: The health check script for Minion and Sentinel on Docker Images stopped working