It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we continued to work on BMP and improving graph and time-series APIs, as well as other bug fixing and enhancements.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Dustin continued to work on adding BMP support.
- I fixed a bug where the ElasticSearch forwarder could modify events before they're passed on to other subsystems.
- Chandra fixed a bug in
- Markus continued his work enhancing the new graph API.
- Christian fixed an issue with leaked threads in JCIFS.
- Antonio and Markus did more work on improvements to topology link provider(s).
- Sean Torres worked on fixes to allow flows to balance across Kafka partitions.
- Christian fixed processing of filter rules in
- Patrick continued his work evaluating how to rework our time-series APIs.
- Jeff worked on an absolute-value handler for the JRobin spike hunter.
- Markus fixed an issue with classification rule definitions that could cause OOM.
- Chandra worked on adding gRPC support for IPC between Minion and OpenNMS.
Web, ReST, and UI
- Markus updated the topology UI to allow choosing a layer with a URL parameter.
December Horizon and Meridian Releases
In December we released updated versions of Horizon 25, Meridian 2018, and Meridian 2019.
Meridian 2018.1.14 was primarily a small bug fix release. Meridian 2019.1.1 and Horizon 25.1.1 both had a larger number of bug fixes mostly related to alarm and event processing and potential resource leaks, and a few other enhancements.
Calendar of Events
January Releases - January 7th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is January 7th, 2020.
So far we expect to be putting out the following releases:
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12358: Create BMP listener and parser for telemetryd
- NMS-12390: Elasticsearch event forwarder manipulates in-flight event
- NMS-12400: Invalid poller filter rules can break service web UI page
- NMS-12414: Create BMP Adapter for Telemetry
- NMS-12415: Create BMP Adapter for Peer Up / Down Events
- NMS-12425: Create graph definitions for BMP statistics
- NMS-12429: Classification Engine reload causes OOM when defining a bunch of rules