In the last week we fixed a lot of bugs, did more work on OpenTracing, made improvements to the new graph service, cleaned up various UI annoyances, and more.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Patrick did more work on fixing an SNMP proxy address resolution issue.
- Markus did more work on geocoder API and UI improvements.
- Ronny did more work on Docker image improvements.
- Patrick worked on enhancements to the graph APIs to allow edges to contain vertexes from multiple namespaces.
- Dustin removed the
- David continued to work on refactoring threshd out of
- Dustin worked on supporting wildcards in service names in the
- Ron Roskens worked on modernizing and cleaning up some of our Maven stuff.
- Markus worked on refactoring existing topology providers to the new graph service.
- Chandra did more work on OpenTracing support for the Sink API.
- I worked on making it so integration tests can be run without unit tests, to allow splitting up builds in Bamboo.
- David continued to work on making thresholds reload when node categories change.
- Markus worked on fixing a timeout issue that can happen when doing minion
- I fixed the Debian install so it prefers OpenJDK 11 (headless) over OpenJDK 8.
- Ronny worked on modernizing our JDK terminology in the documentation.
- Naicisum contributed an update to modernize our kafka client and scala dependencies.
- David worked on making it possible to extend the Threshd configuration through OIA.
- I did more work fixing various shell startup issues in OpenNMS, Minion, and Sentinel.
- Web, ReST, and UI
- I worked on splitting out a single “source of truth” set of sass files to be shared between various OpenNMS UI bits.
- Christian did more work on supporting searching for nodes with or without flow data.
- Patrick worked on fixing the “Manage Minions” page.
- Markus did more work on a ReST interface for the new graph service.
- Markus fixed some color issues in the requisition UI as a result of the Bootstrap 4 upgrade.
- Markus worked on fixing exception handling in the node page when you attempt to view a node that doesn’t exist.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- OpenNMS Dev-Jam 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.
More details are available in the announcement.
Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany - November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
For more information on OSMC, see their website. Details on the workshop and a link to purchase tickets are available on their workshops page.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HZN-1492: Tag “root cause” alarm when providing feedback
- HZN-1520: Rework the GeocoderService-Implementations
- HZN-1523: Make GraphRepository persist collections
- HZN-1531: Support large buffer sizes in Kafka Sink Layer
- HZN-1536: Sink Metrics
- HZN-1539: Indicators for nodes with flow data
- HZN-1540: Search for nodes that have flow data
- JS-33: Alarms formatted as a table is gone with update to 1.4.0
- NMS-9834: Wrong permissions for rrd files when using MultithreadedJniRrdStrategy
- NMS-10675: Missing Indication of Sync Needed for Requisitions
- NMS-10679: Node detail page renders with no content when invalid node ID specified
- NMS-10684: Apparent memory leak in JMX collector, possibly restricted to “weird” JMX transports