It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we worked on the IFTTT integration, RPC, OIA and sink APIs, the new graph topology service, Helm, various UI tweaks, and more!
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Christian updated the IFTTT integration to support reduction key filters.
- Chandra worked on wrapping sink messages with protobuf so additional metadata can be associated with them.
- I finished my updates to Minion and Sentinel packaging to fix issues with overriding default configuration at startup.
- I finished my work updating the OpenNMS packaging to require OpenJDK 11 by default.
- Matthew did more work converting OIA to use immutable objects.
- Marcel did some cleanup on trap event messages.
- Jesse did more work on the CircleCI build proof-of-concept.
- Chandra continued his work on adding tracing to the RPC code.
- Patrick did more work on the graph topology provider.
- Jeff worked on a proof-of-concept to pull matching data out into varbinds when processing events.
- Christian fixed an issue in the MIB parser that could make it difficult to diagnose failures.
- Web & UI
- David continued his work on the Helm integration for root cause handling in situations.
- Christian updated webapp session handling to not timeout for the browser notification integration.
- Alejandro’s fixes for search on the KSC report page were merged.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany – June and October
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OpenNMS Dev-Jam 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.
More details are available in the announcement.
Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany – November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
Details are still forthcoming but we’re hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HZN-1509: Minion stops sending flow data into Kafka
- HZN-1511: Meta-data gets deleted when requisition is modified in UI
- HZN-1516: Add OpenTracing support for Camel (JMS) RPC
- HZN-1519: Add ability to provide custom tags to OpenTracing by RPC Modules
- HZN-1529: Wrap Sink Message in Protobuf
- HZN-1533: Random compilation failures in opennms-base-assembly
- NMS-9893: Alarm Clear Trigger query language performance improvement
- NMS-10416: Search on KSC Reports page in WebUI does not work
- NMS-10511: Disable session timeout by default
- NMS-10540: After login the favicon appears instead of the starting page
- NMS-10631: Configuration directives in /etc/sysconfig/sentinel are not being applied
- NMS-10639: OpenNMS Horizon installs OpenJDK 1.8.0 even OpenJDK 11 is already installed
- NMS-10642: DNSResolutionMonitor incorrectly sets port number
- NMS-10643: MonitoredServiceDaoIT test fail due to database
- NMS-10644: EventdIT test failure
- NMS-10645: DuplicatePrimaryAddressIT logs a failure due to logging assertion
- NMS-10646: The evaluation layer that helps sizing Cassandra is broken
- NMS-10650: Vaadin geographical maps broke in Chrome
- NMS-10651: logging methods have incorrect number of arguments.
- NMS-10653: add
isAcknowledgedto the alarm model for the rest interface
- NMS-10654: When editing a surveillance category from Admin flow, lists of nodes are not sorted by node label
- NMS-10656: remove centric troubleticket plugin
- NMS-10664: Karaf shell history thrown out with bathwater on upgrade
- OIA-12: Integration API feature (opennms-integration-api-features) fails to start if Collectd/Pollerd services are not enabled
- OIA-13: Replace bean implementations with immutables
- PRIS-146: create groovy script to select nodes by category