It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we added a ton of extensions to the OpenNMS Integration API, did more wrap-up on various modernization and refactoring projects, and fixed more bugs.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse did some work on refactoring poller configuration handling.
- Jesse added node assets, event handling, and graphs to the OIA.
- Markus did more work on the new core graph API and ReST service.
- David and Matt worked on a number of changes to our maven build to facilitate Java 9+ support.
- Christian worked on wrapping up his DHCP monitor and detector refactor.
- Jeff fixed a configuration consistency issue in the Slack notification strategy.
- Chandra worked on collector support in the OIA.
- Jesse made some enhancements to the requisition support in OIA.
- Dustin has been working on adding support for arbitrary node metadata in requisitions.
- I added test coverage and fixed a few bugs in the
- Jesse did some wrap-up on Elasticsearch alarm indexing support.
- Jesse added support for configuring connection pooling options for Newts.
- Ronny added some documentation for SNMP trap reception in Minion.
- Patrick added support for unit testing topology providers using the refactored topology generator API.
- Chandra improved collection-handling to log exceptions in a useful manner.
- Chandra fixed health check to only check ActiveMQ connectivity if it’s enabled for sink/RPC.
- Web & UI
- Matt did some fixes to some header defaults in Jetty.
- Matt fixed some bugs in locale handling in the web UI.
- Dustin fixed Helm so it the order of responses always matches the query.
- Markus did some refactoring of the daemon reload web UI work.
- I added linting to the Helm codebase and cleaned up some warnings.
- Dustin finished up his work on browser notification support.
- Markus did some more tweaks to the Bootstrap 4 UI refactor based on feedback.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany – June and October
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany – November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November. Details are still forthcoming but we’re hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-128: Measurements API does not preserve series order
- HELM-129: Allow queries with missing attributes
- HZN-956: Support Browser Notification API
- HZN-1198: CDP Topology not discovered on Cisco Nexus devices
- HZN-1231: Upgrade the maven-war-plugin
- HZN-1420: Index alarms and alarm history in Elasticsearch
- HZN-1471: Provide capability to expose GraphContainerProviders with only one graph (SingleGraphContainerProvider)
- HZN-1472: Make GraphRepository accessible via OSGI
- NMS-8185: Create a reload daemon configuration page
- NMS-10486: syslog events are creating notifications and disregarding rules in place
- NMS-10496: Update flow classification rules to match either the src or dst ports
- NMS-10557: Upgrade liquibase to 3.x
- OCE-38: Add log rotation support to the kafka-event-mirrorer