It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we did a lot of OCE work, continued refactoring of topology APIs, did more UI refactoring, and a bunch of other stuff.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- David Hustace made some enhancements to thresholding events.
- Will Keaney made some fixes for EIF decoding.
- Matt worked on graph persistence in OCE.
- Christian made a convenience method on
$OPENNMS_HOME/bin/opennms to ssh to the Karaf console.
- David Smith worked on making old alarms un-acknowledge situations if they get correlated.
- David Hustace worked on documenting Thresholding.
- David Smith fixed situations so they always reference the latest version of an alarm.
- Chandra worked on detector support in the OpenNMS Integration API.
- Antonio continued his work on refactoring Enlinkd and topology services.
- Brynjar Eide fixed the node availability report to honor time zones properly.
- Matt worked on converting a number of OCE-related objects to be immutable.
- Matt added support for tagging interface threshold alarms in OCE, and made correlation of SNMP interface poller alarms possible.
- Web & UI
- Markus and Sebastian continued the work on creating a Daemon ReST service.
- Markus did more work porting our Vaadin UI to Vaadin 8.
- Christian added select/deselect all checkmarks to the scheduled outages page.
- Sebastian did some work on the Bootstrap 4 UI refactor.
- Patrick did more work on improving topology UI performance.
- Jesse updated the OCE graphml export to have proper icons for situations and interfaces.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-101: PM panels throw errors on initialization
- HELM-122: SingleStat Panel Wrong in Helm
- HZN-157: SmtpMonitor
- HZN-1270: Netflow - Support multiple protocols with a single UDP port
- HZN-1426: Older Alarms will Not Un-Acknowledge Situations
- HZN-1432: Update OCE OpennmsDatasource to subscribe to alarm feedback topic
- HZN-1439: Clearing a situation should clear all the related alarms
- NMS-10159: Extend system statistic metrics from UCD SNMP agents
- NMS-10383: APCs rpdu's total energy/power metric is missing
- NMS-10427: Provide Daemon REST service
- NMS-10434: Sentinel does not start using init scripts on RHEL 6.6
- NMS-10464: noisy logs by the kafka-offset-producer
- OCE-13: Managed object tagging support for interface related thresholds
- OCE-19: Add edge styles to GraphML output to help visualize temporal distance
- OCE-21: OCE cluster engine diagnostic text issues
- OCE-25: Situations retain old reference to Alarms
- OCE-30: Support correlation of alarms triggered by the SNMP interface poller