It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we did a lot of OCE work, continued refactoring of topology APIs, did more UI refactoring, and a bunch of other stuff.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- David Hustace made some enhancements to thresholding events.
- Will Keaney made some fixes for EIF decoding.
- Matt worked on graph persistence in OCE.
- Christian made a convenience method on
$OPENNMS_HOME/bin/opennmsto ssh to the Karaf console.
- David Smith worked on making old alarms un-acknowledge situations if they get correlated.
- David Hustace worked on documenting Thresholding.
- David Smith fixed situations so they always reference the latest version of an alarm.
- Chandra worked on detector support in the OpenNMS Integration API.
- Antonio continued his work on refactoring Enlinkd and topology services.
- Brynjar Eide fixed the node availability report to honor time zones properly.
- Matt worked on converting a number of OCE-related objects to be immutable.
- Matt added support for tagging interface threshold alarms in OCE, and made correlation of SNMP interface poller alarms possible.
- Web & UI
- Markus and Sebastian continued the work on creating a Daemon ReST service.
- Markus did more work porting our Vaadin UI to Vaadin 8.
- Christian added select/deselect all checkmarks to the scheduled outages page.
- Sebastian did some work on the Bootstrap 4 UI refactor.
- Patrick did more work on improving topology UI performance.
- Jesse updated the OCE graphml export to have proper icons for situations and interfaces.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- OpenNMS Training - December 10th through 14th, 2018
The OpenNMS Group will be offering hands-on OpenNMS training in our Apex, NC office.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-101: PM panels throw errors on initialization
- HELM-122: SingleStat Panel Wrong in Helm
- HZN-157: SmtpMonitor
- HZN-1270: Netflow - Support multiple protocols with a single UDP port
- HZN-1426: Older Alarms will Not Un-Acknowledge Situations
- HZN-1432: Update OCE OpennmsDatasource to subscribe to alarm feedback topic
- HZN-1439: Clearing a situation should clear all the related alarms
- NMS-10159: Extend system statistic metrics from UCD SNMP agents
- NMS-10383: APCs rpdu's total energy/power metric is missing
- NMS-10427: Provide Daemon REST service
- NMS-10434: Sentinel does not start using init scripts on RHEL 6.6
- NMS-10464: noisy logs by the kafka-offset-producer
- OCE-13: Managed object tagging support for interface related thresholds
- OCE-19: Add edge styles to GraphML output to help visualize temporal distance
- OCE-21: OCE cluster engine diagnostic text issues
- OCE-25: Situations retain old reference to Alarms
- OCE-30: Support correlation of alarms triggered by the SNMP interface poller