Since last time, we worked more on the config management API and importer, thresholding and monitor docs, updating Karaf to 4.3, SNMP metadata provisioning, Minion health check, JMS in the twin API, ReST cleanups and docs, Vue geomap and UI PoC, and flow processing.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Freddy and Tikayat did more work on the config management API.
- Bonnie worked on some cleanup of the thresholding docs.
- Jesse and Yang Li did some more work on updating our embedded Karaf to 4.3.
- Christian worked on a provisioning adapter for processing SNMP metadata.
- Stefan worked on improving the Minion health check.
- Patrick continued his work on import/validation and upgrading XML files to the database.
- Chandra added JMS support to the twin API.
- Jesse worked on a Karaf interface to the config management API.
- Mark worked on cleaning up/splitting up monitors in the reference docs.
- Stefan worked on some performance improvements to flow processing.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Sonukumar worked on cleaning up some of our Spring ReST API annotations.
- Farid and I did some work on marker clusters in the new vue geomap API.
- Upendra did more work on adding OpenAPI annotations to our ReST interfaces.
- Stefan wrapped up some work on the flow deep dive dashboard.
- Tripti did more work on the new vue UI.
- Jane worked on implementing more features/parity in the vue goemap.
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Farid Ahmad
- Freddy Chu
- Jane Hou
- Jesse White
- Marcel Fuhrmann
- Mark Mahacek
- Patrick Schweizer
- Sagar Salunkhe
- Shankar Suman
- Sonukumar Gupta
- Stefan Wachter
- Tikayat Mohanta
- Tripti Bansal
- Upendra Guggilam
- Yang Li
Upcoming October Releases
OpenNMS is on a monthly release schedule, with releases happening on the second Wednesday of the month.
The next OpenNMS release day is October 13th, 2021.
We currently expect a Horizon 28 release, as well as all supported Meridians.
Next Horizon: 29 (Q4 2021)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 29.
The current roadmap for Horizon 29 includes the following goals:
- running as non-root by default
- refactor the Minion's communication to get rid of out-of-band ReST calls to the OpenNMS core
- add support for persistence of flows to Cortex
Next Meridian: 2022 (Q? 2022)
With Meridian 2021 recently out, we do not yet have a specific timeline for Meridian 2022.
Expect it to include -- at the very least -- the JDK11 requirement and flow aggregation improvements from Horizon 28.
Ideally it will contain work going into Horizons 29 (and probably 30) if our timeline holds. 😅
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Time…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-295: Add a flow deep dive dashboard that gets its data from Cortex
- NMS-13374: Implement to show aggregation display on Grafana using data from Cortex
- NMS-13475: Split thresholding file into smaller files
- NMS-13505: Geo-Map: customize the filter for the severity in alarm page
- NMS-13530: Fix Spring @RequestMapping to use explicit method types
- NMS-13566: Some of the tests of ClassificationRulePageIT are flaky
- NMS-13567: Publish Minion image for Meridian to DockerHub
- NMS-13568: Backport docker content trust for signed images to meridian 2021
- NMS-13573: Backport confd support for minion config