It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we fixed a bunch of bugs, did more BMP work, made build system improvements, made Provisiond improvements, and a bunch more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra fixed an NPE that could cause startup errors in the graph service.
- Bonnie did more updates to the thresholding documentation and PDF dashboards.
- Ronny fixed an issue with Docker image creation when Confd download fails.
- I made some improvements to CircleCI cache handling for builds.
- Christian, Dustin, and Jesse fixed some issues with BMP parsing and config loading.
- Dustin implemented some deprecated OSPF attributes in BMP handling.
- Sean added some attributes to the RPM specs to improve compatibility.
- Jesse updated the OIA used by OpenNMS to 0.4.0.
- Dustin and Bonnie wrapped up adding BMP documentation.
- Sean worked on Kafka updates to support compression and ES updates.
- Jesse fixed some issues with DNS lookup while BMP parsing.
- Patrick worked on an InfluxDB plugin for the new timeseries API.
- Patrick fixed an issue with Provisiond if multiple interfaces are (incorrectly) marked primary.
- Chandra added tracing support to Provisiond.
- Chandra added a
nodeScanStartedevent for when a node scan is scheduled during provisioning or a scheduled run.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Patrick fixed an issue with creating monitored service through the v1/v2 ReST APIs.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Jesse White
- Patrick Schweizer
- Ronny Trommer
- Sean Torres
April OpenNMS Meridian and Horizon Releases
Last week we released updates to Meridians 2017 through 2019. These are recommended updates because they include security fixes:
On top of the Meridian point releases, we also put out Horizon 26, a new major version of the OpenNMS Horizon track.
The biggest change involves adding support for processing BMP (BGP Monitoring Protocol) in Telemetryd.
If you'd like to see an overview of the major changes since Horizon 25, take a look at What’s New in OpenNMS Horizon 26. For an exhaustive list of issues that have been resolved since Horizon 25, see the change log.
Calendar of Events
May Releases - May 5th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is May 5th, 2020. Currently we expect to point/bug fix releases of Meridian 2019 and Horizon 26.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-10597: Limit SNMP Datacollection by Table Index
- NMS-12532: Selecting an Icon on Topology Map breaks the map
- NMS-12585: Evaluate stream processing for Top N calculation with flows
- NMS-12588: Create threshold documentation
- NMS-12599: Document how to generate PDFs from dashboards using OpenNMS
- NMS-12633: Timeseries Plugin Influx 1.x
- NMS-12636: Can't change password using the user self service
- NMS-12637: GraphService is throwing Error with an NPE Karaf startup
- NMS-12638: Telemetryd with BMP adapter throws java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
- NMS-12639: Add required dependencies to use ZSTD inside Kafka to features.xml
- NMS-12640: Set RPM compression type and level inside RPM Spec Files
- NMS-12649: Error parsing label information from BGP MP_REACH_NLRI attribute