OpenNMS On the Horizon – Bug Fixing, Graph Service, Off-Heap Storage, Documentation, and More!
It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last couple of weeks we merged a number of new features that have been in the works for a while (graph API, off-heap storage), fixed a bunch of bugs, and started on reworking some documentation.
Github Project Updates
Calendar of Events
February Releases - February 4th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is February 4th, 2020.
There will be more details as we continue to work on issues, but currently it is expected we'll put out the following releases:
- Horizon 25.1.3
- Meridian 2019.1.3
FOSDEM 2020 - Brussels, Belgium - Feb 1st and 2nd, 2020
Ronny Trommer will be attending FOSDEM 2020. If you want to meet and talk, contact him on Twitter, Discourse, or email him at ronny[eth]opennms-dot-com.
SCaLE 18x - Pasadena, California - March 5th through 8th, 2020
Tarus Balog will be speaking at SCaLE 18x on alarm correlation (ALEC) and other technologies for large-scale monitoring with OpenNMS.
His presentation is on Saturday the 7th at 4:30pm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-64: Node search allows only to select the first 25 nodes
- HELM-201: Panel Refreshes After Each Request When Clearing Multiple Alarms
- HELM-204: Document how to use filters for forecasting metrics
- NMS-10586: Sink API: Persistent Off-Heap Storage
- NMS-10720: Make Events immutable (avoid CMEs and fix non-deterministic behavior)
- NMS-12086: Provide a better graph service with an actual API/Model and better import/export/integration capabilities
- NMS-12411: Discovery and foreignSource service detection get in the way
- NMS-12459: MIB Compiler fails with Null Pointer Exception
- NMS-12460: The Karaf poller:test command is not location aware