It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we worked on the Minion and Sentinel runtimes, event and alarm bugs, BSM, flow updates, UI improvements, and more!
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ronny worked on some fixes for running Minion and Sentinel as non-root.
- Patrick did more work on making sure event parms are sorted correctly.
- Chandra worked on fixing some issues with exception-handling when sending flows into Kafka.
- Markus did more work on fixing Elasticsearch forwarding recovery when an outage occurs.
- I worked on cleaning up some places in the code where the default instance ID wasn’t set up properly, in preparation for Meridian 2019.
- Christian fixed a few issues with BSM, including alarm severities not updating properly and issues when services are deleted.
- Markus did some work to wrap up Jeff’s fixes to the Slack notification strategy.
- Jesse did some work on remote poller modernization.
- I worked on changing event/alarm time serialization to use ISO-8601 rather than local-based timestamps. (including an update to
- I did more work on native systemd configs for Minion and Sentinel.
- Matt made some improvements to async operations on the
- I worked on fixing an upgrade issue with the minion packaging.
- Marcel Fuhrmann created some configurations to enrich our node asset information using the SNMP Asset Adapter for the following products:
- Web, ReST, and UI
- Markus fixed an issue with groups disappearing in the classification UI.
- I released OpenNMS.js 2.0.
- Markus did more work on his refresh/improvements to the navbar.
- Markus fixed an issue where severities were styled differently between the node page and sub-pages.
- Markus fixed a problem where the meta-data editor wouldn’t show in virtical layout mode.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- All Things Open in Raleigh, NC - October 13th through 15th
Jesse White will be speaking about ALEC at All Things Open. It’s a wonderful open-source conference here in the back yard of The OpenNMS Group’s offices.
His talk will be at 4:15pm on Tuesday.
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany - October 21st through 25th
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-10564: Shorten log message in SNMP trap event definitions
- NMS-12104: Flow rest results for top N queries are not returned in the correct order
- NMS-12128: Rework the current navbar
- NMS-12259: Flow Classification not functioning as expected
- NMS-12273: UI for meta-data is only present when using the horizontal layout
- NMS-12311: Docker image for sentinel runs the process as root
- NMS-12312: Docker image for Minion runs with UID 1001 but the minion user has UID 997
- NMS-12320: Web Assets Dependency Rollup 2019-09-24
- NMS-12321: Availability boxes on node pages including sub pages differ
- PRIS-151: Allow node-level meta-data