It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
Sorry this is out a bit late, I’m super sick. I’ll probably write this and go right back to bed.
In the last week we did a lot of preparation for Horizon 24, plus continued work on the graph service, RPC and sink metrics, and some UI work.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Patrick did more work on enhancements to the graph service.
- I cleaned up some startup script issues in prep for Horizon 24.
- Jesse worked on extracting additional event parameters from varbind values based on regular expressions.
- Jeff fixed upgrades to keep karaf shell history.
- Matt made some fixes to prefab graph support in OIA.
- Chandra continued to work on enhancing metrics and tracing in the RPC and Sink APIs.
- Lots of documentation work was done in preparation for Horizon 24’s release.
- David started working on fixing thresholds handling node category changes.
- Patrick worked on persisting graph repository collections.
- Ronny did more work on improvements to our docker containers.
- Web & UI
- David did more work on the Helm integration for root cause handling in situations.
- Christian fixed an issue in the MIB parser that could cause exceptions.
April OpenNMS Horizon and Meridian Releases
OpenNMS Horizon (Rapid Release)
April marks a new major Horizon release: OpenNMS Horizon 24. The most notable improvements are big updates to alarm correlation (including support for Tensorflow-based AI correlation), a new developer API for creating OpenNMS plugins, a web UI refresh, and flow enhancements.
For a complete list of changes in Horizon 24, see the release notes.
OpenNMS Meridian (LTS)
We also updated Meridian all the way back to Meridian 2016, primarily to fix a bug in SNMP processing of certain buggy agent behaviors that could cause an out of memory exception.
For a complete list of changes, see the release notes:
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-58: Expand test coverage for smoke tests
- ALEC-61: Add health check for the main driver
- ALEC-62: KEM: Reduce messages sent to stdout/stderr
- ALEC-64: Inventory does not automatically refresh with the direct datasource
- HELM-146: Rework alarm table severity colors
- HZN-1078: Java 9 Support
- HZN-1284: Project Sentinel
- HZN-1317: Enhanced Alarm Life Cycle and Service Layer
- HZN-1320: Topology and model enhancements for correlation
- HZN-1513: circleci packaging strategy
- HZN-1522: The GraphService interface should return GenericGraph instead of Graph, ?>
- HZN-1535: Initial CircleCI pipeline
- HZN-1542: PDF reports with Jasper and Grafana POC
- NMS-9737: Cleanup default SNMP data collection
- NMS-10420: Wrong data type for Cassandra Thread Pool performance metrics
- NMS-10576: Documentation has not addressed refactoring of Single-Port flow listener
- NMS-10608: Fix all bootstrap 4 related issues or UI fixes we want to address with that upgrade
- NMS-10638: Allow Java 8-11 by default
- NMS-10647: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException during error handling in SNMP MIB Compiler
- NMS-10663: bin/runjava tries to evaluate an empty value as a candidate JVM pathname
- OIA-18: Exposing prefabricated graphs is broken