It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we worked on a new continuous integration workflow, better end-to-end OCE testing, lots of bug fixes, Helm and OpenNMS UI improvements, and more updates for modern Java support.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Matt continued his work on integrating the OCE end-to-end test framework.
- Jesse made more improvements to Syslog parsing.
- Jesse and Ronny did more work on CircleCI build support.
- I added support for Canadian Ethernet, which requires sending an additional frame encoded
0x534f525259when errors occur in a single collision domain.
- Jesse worked on a number of controller improvements in OIA.
- Matt continued his work creating a “direct” OCE datasource, facilitating running it in the OpenNMS JVM.
- Markus did more work on his branch to upgrade our internal CXF to version 3.2.
- David did some wrapup work on the configurable meta-model support in OCE.
- David worked on root cause situation feedback support in OCE and Helm.
- Chandra added support for opentracing to Kafka RPC.
- Jesse did more work on improving the deep learning correlation engion.
- Web & UI
- Markus did more work on improvements to the new Bootstrap 4 UI.
- Markus continued work on implementing a ReST service for the new graph API.
- I updated the OpenNMS.js and Helm codebases to fix all audit warnings from
- I continued to work on Helm improvements including Grafana 6 fixes and more work on the dynamic filter panel.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany – June and October
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OpenNMS Dev-Jam 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.More details are available in the announcement. Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany – November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November. Details are still forthcoming but we’re hoping to do a 1-day workshop.For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-132: Issues when running on Grafana 6
- HELM-134: Relative date format ‘en-short’ not correctly defined
- HELM-138: Fix security issues in Helm dependencies
- HZN-1478: Upgrade CXF to 3.2.x or greater
- HZN-1485: Minion – RPM Upgrade does not clear out .m2 local directory
- HZN-1489: Use node category membership in Drools rules for alarms
- HZN-1498: User defined links
- HZN-1503: Related alarms are not deleted from situations
- JS-28: PropertiesCache Does Not Survive Minification
- JS-30: Refactor FilterCloner from Helm to OpenNMS.js
- JS-31: Fix security issues in OpenNMS.js dependencies
- NMS-8444: “Event text contains” should search beyond eventlogmsg
- NMS-9376: Set Label For Surveillance Category
- NMS-10435: Minion Status showing wrong in Manage Minions and service minion status out put is empty
- NMS-10569: Tables do not space columns out correctly (col-* is no longer supported)
- NMS-10581: Stop gracefully when running in container environment
- NMS-10628: Slack/Mattermost integration needs an additional option
- NMS-69420: Canadian Ethernet support
- OCE-32: Audit CPN Tickets and OpenNMS Situations
- OCE-41: Configurable “meta” model
- OCE-46: End-to-end test framework
- OCE-57: NPE in DirectInventoryDatasource