It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
I'm sorry for missing last week's TWiO, but I was busy in the Caribbean with a bunch of nerds. Meanwhile, everyone was apparently very busy and much more productive without me. Maybe I should get back on the boat.
In the last couple of weeks we did a ton of bug fixing, updated our embedded Karaf to 4.2, and did a ton of work on correlation. Plus a whole lot of other great stuff.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- David worked on fixing up flapping syslog time tests.
- Jesse did more work on fixing potential deadlocks in Alarmd.
- Chandra did more work making sure 3rd-party JDBC drivers can be loaded on Minion.
- Markus wrapped up his work to update our embedded Karaf to 4.2.
- Patrick did more work making improvements to the
- Antonio made enhancements to bridge topology generation when events are sent.
- Matt updated OCE test infrastructure to use a vanilla Sentinel container and worked on integrating the old OCE end-to-end tests into OpenNMS's build.
- David did more work on the configurable meta-model for OCE.
- Ronny worked on RPM CI and deployment for OCE.
- Dustin did more work on handling flow packets that mix templates and data.
- Antonio fixed an issue with ack escalation events.
- Matt did more work integrating links from enlinkd into the OCE graph.
- Matt fixed an issue with the Kafka datasource blocking OCE engine initialization.
- Ronny started working on a documentation pipeline for OCE.
- Jesse started work on an alternative OCE plugin that uses TensorFlow for clustering alarms.
- Chandra fixed an issue with leftover artifacts in
.m2 after upgrading the Minion.
- Jesse made a number of changes to expose useful data including node model updates, exposing requisition providers, and event listeners in the API.
- Jesse added support to snapshotting data in OCE.
- Chandra fixed a bug in the Minion status poller config that could cause timeouts or incorrect status.
- David Hustace improved the documentation for the OCE project.
- Alejandro improved our Docker images so they can run on OpenShift infrastucture without requiring root permissions. These changes should available alongside the release of Horizon 24.
- Web & UI
- I got a working inventory datasource put together for Helm, and started on a filter panel using it.
- Chandra fixed an issue in the ReST adapters that could cause values to be truncated to
- Markus did a few fixes and improvements in the new Bootstrap 4 UI.
- Alejandro fixed an issue in the MIB parser UI.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-131: Template Variables Don't Support Nested Parenthesis
- HZN-1474: Node Meta-Data / KVP Support
- HZN-1475: Extend topology generator and test suite to support bridge topology
- HZN-1481: Show managed object type and instance on alarm details page
- HZN-1483: Update topology code to make the topology that is sent via Kafka more convenient for consumption
- HZN-1484: Templates are dropped if intermixed with data in wrong order
- HZN-1487: Maximum number of services in node details page should be configurable
- NMS-10516: Collection results via Minion is limited to MAX_INT
- NMS-10539: Upgrade to Karaf 4.2.3
- NMS-10558: Upgrade to Jetty 9.4.12
- NMS-10559: JDBC via Minion fails to find 3rd party classes
- NMS-10589: Poor performance when using filters in the Measurements API
- NMS-10593: Alarmd get stucks in dead-lock and stops processing events
- NMS-10596: Flapping Syslog Parser Integration Test
- NMS-10601: @PreserveOnRefresh not working for embedded Vaadin UIs
- NMS-10603: Fix ack Event Supporting AckAction
- NMS-10606: HwEntityAlias fails to be persisted
- OCE-38: Add log rotation support to the kafka-event-mirrorer
- OCE-40: Links from Enlinkd in the OCE graph
- OCE-45: Prevent the opennms kafka datasource from blocking the initialization of the engine forever
- OCE-47: Create documentation pipeline
- OCE-49: Enable the "Edit this page" feature in the published docs
- OCE-50: Add Math support in documentation
- OCE-52: Deep learning engine
- OCE-56: Kafka streams error when handling edges
- OIA-3: Extend the SNMP datacollection configuration
- OIA-6: Add support for provisiond requisition providers
- OIA-7: Consume events by registering event listeners
- OIA-9: Expose operinstruct element in EventDefinition interface