It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we fixed more bugs, added more integrations to OIA, finished the Bootstrap 4 UI transition, and merged the Enlinkd refactor branch.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra fixed sentinel-core loading in the Sentinel container.
- Markus did more work on exposing the new graph service through ReST.
- Jesse did some work on adding weight support to the OCE service.
- Jesse finished his changes to expose connection pooling configuration for Newts.
- Chandra worked on ticketing plugin support in the OpenNMS Integration API.
- Markus worked on updating our embedded Karaf to 4.2.
- Christian did more work on making DHCP detection and polling work on the Minion.
- Matthew did some more work on the topology generation APIs.
- Jesse changed Syslog handling to use the
- Jesse worked on updating OCE to use Drools internally for clustering alarms.
- Chandra worked on collector support in OIA.
- I did more fixes to the
- Antonio wrapped up his refactor of Enlinkd to support sending topology data to Kafka.
- Patrick worked on updating various topology backend code to work with the Enlinkd refactor.
- Web & UI
- Markus wrapped up the Bootstrap 4 migration.
- Patrick updated the topology UI to support instant refresh based on recent API changes.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany – June and OctoberNETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany – November 4th through 7thWe will be at OSMC in November. Details are still forthcoming but we’re hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-127: Upgrade Grafana from 5.3.4 to 5.4.3
- HZN-1393: Forward enlinkd link data via Kafka
- HZN-1423: Migrate bootstrap 3 to bootstrap 4 and revert custom stylings
- HZN-1469: Leverage new topology generator to test the LinkdTopologyProvider
- IPL-31: iplike with postgres 9.4 and higher
- NEWTS-108: Expose connection pooling options
- NMS-9633: JDBC collector event reason provides no useful information
- NMS-10504: DhcpMonitor does not work on Minion
- NMS-10518: refactor/clean up
- NMS-10543: Upgrade PostgreSQL JDBC driver to 42.x
- NMS-10561: Not able to install sentinel-core feature on sentinel container
- NMS-10565: add
runjavaunit tests for detecting the correct java in a range
- NMS-10568: Leaking logs from HELM performance data source requests to OpenNMS standard out
- OCE-39: Configurable logging for the kafka-event-mirrorer
- OIA-4: Add support for ServiceCollectors