Overview of OpenNMS Advanced Replacement Process
The entire line of OpenNMS Appliances (“Appliance” or “Appliances”) are covered by the Limited Warranty for OpenNMS Hardware (“OpenNMS Warranty” or “Warranty”). In the event of a hardware failure, you should contact OpenNMS support immediately to report the error and work with one of our support professionals to confirm that the unit is not usable as described in the Appliance documentation and related product material. Once the failure is confirmed by a member of our support team, a replacement unit will be shipped to you within 1-2 business days. In the unlikely event that there is a delay in shipping, we will inform you as soon as possible.
RMA Hassle-Free Shipping: OpenNMS Pays for Shipping of Replacement Appliance and RMA Unit
Unless otherwise requested, OpenNMS will ship your replacement unit pursuant to our standard shipping policy, which is a 3-day transit service to most locations in the continental United States. Expedited shipping will be available at your cost. When your replacement unit is shipped, you will receive a confirmation email containing the relevant information about the shipment, including a tracking number.
OpenNMS will send you a prepaid label for returning the RMA unit, which must be returned within thirty (30) days from the date on your RMA confirmation email. If you fail to return the defective unit within that time, OpenNMS may charge you for shipping and/or the replacement unit.
Replacement Appliance Warranty and DOA Units
Your replacement unit may be a refurbished Appliance, but it is guaranteed to be fully functional. Additionally, your replacement unit will inherit the remaining time on the warranty of the unit it is replacing. If your Appliance arrives in a non-usable state, as confirmed by an OpenNMS’ support professional and if you contact OpenNMS within 30 days of receipt of that unit, your unit will be deemed damaged on arrival (“DOA”). Warranties for replacements of DOA units will start upon your receipt of your replacement Appliance (i.e., it will not be a refurbished unit).
What to Do If Your Appliance Stops Working Properly
1. Prepare for the conversation with OpenNMS support: Make sure you have the serial number of the Appliance that is having problems readily available. Make sure that the person that ultimately speaks with OpenNMS support has access to the Appliance in question and that they are able to run through some diagnostics. The more they know about the problem, the better. Please have ready the address where you want the Appliance shipped to and a person at the location who can accept the shipment.
2. Create a Support Ticket in OpenNMS’ Customer Portal: Please allocate at least 30 minutes to run through the diagnostics with the OpenNMS support professional. Thirty minutes is only an estimate, the call will last as long as needed to reach a conclusion about the unit.
3. Get an RMA Number for Your Unit: If OpenNMS confirms that the unit is faulty, they will send you a confirmation email that includes your RMA. Please read the email carefully to make sure that all information, including the shipping address and any description of the problem is accurate. Keep this email handy as it will be very useful in the event you need to check on the status of your replacement Appliance. OpenNMS will also send you a pre-paid label to use when you return the RMA unit.
4. Replacement Unit Ships: OpenNMS will ship your replacement unit in 2 business days or fewer from the time you received the RMA email from OpenNMS. You will also receive an email notifying you when your Appliance has shipped that will include the tracking number and an estimated date of arrival.
5. Replacement Unit Arrives: Save the box and packaging materials and use them to return the RMA unit. Use the pre-paid shipping label and make sure to ship the RMA unit back before 30 days from the date you received your RMA. Test the replacement Appliance to make sure it is functioning.
In the event that the returned RMA unit is found to be functioning properly, OpenNMS support will reach out in an attempt to understand what happened. If OpenNMS determines that the RMA unit was improperly returned because of something you did or did not do, OpenNMS may charge you for the shipping and/or a service charge for testing the purportedly defective RMA unit.
Things You Should Not Do
- Do NOT break or damage the tamper evident seal on the Appliance. This will void your warranty.
- Do NOT damage, obscure or remove the serial number. Doing so will void your warranty.
- Do NOT have a third party attempt to repair the unit. If a company insists that they are authorized to work on OpenNMS Appliances, get their information and confirm with OpenNMS support that the entity is authorized to make repairs. If you do not receive an email from OpenNMS confirming that the entity is authorized, do not take the unit to them as this will void your warranty.
- Do NOT request an RMA from anyone other than OpenNMS support. OpenNMS will not recognize any third party RMAs and will not be responsible for any delays or costs that arise out of such an action. Also, any damage done to the tamper evident seal by a third party will void your warranty.