Since last time, we worked on config management and validation, OIA, VMware collection, Twin API tracing, documentation, Collectd, IPC, Enlinkd, Karaf, flow thresholding, Pollerd, router config backup, discovery
exclude-url, BMP telemetry RRDs, JAAS and Setinel, FeatherDS UI updates, Vue geomaps, smoke tests, and Helm.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Freddy did some cleanup and cosolidation in the config validation and marshalling code.
- Jesse worked on some OIA API improvements, including adding health check support.
- Christian fixed some VMware datacollection config issues.
- Chandra did more work on tracing support for the Twin API.
- Stefan fixed an issue with the node/interface cache.
- Jesse fixed a race condition in eventconf reloading.
- Bonnie and Ronny updated some BMP, developer, flow, and SNMP datacollection docs.
- Yang did more work on Collectd refactoring improvements.
- Tikayat, Pushkar, and Upendra worked on config management support for SNMP, Trapd, WMI, and XMP.
- Chandra worked on setting up some default IPC config.
- Patrick continued his work on integrating Karaf and the config API.
- Stefan worked on some performance improvements to Enlinkd.
- Christian and Dustin worked on flow thresholding support.
- Stefan worked around a bug where scheduling in Pollerd could still be referencing deleted services.
- Dustin worked on TFTP integration for router configs.
- Alberto worked on
exclude-urlsupport in the discovery config.
- Upendra worked on some DAO ITs for the config management API.
- Ronny added a default RRD config for BMP telemetry.
- Mark Bordelon worked on some PoC code for jaas authentication in Sentinel.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Mike did more Feather updates to the UI.
- Jane and Mike worked on some fixes in the new geomap.
- Shankar worked on some schema REST tests.
- Stefan updated Helm to not use legacy (Angular) promises.
- Stefan made it possible to use multiple queries in the Helm flow datasource.
- Makarand updated a bunch of UI code to use feather components.
- Alberto updated the requisitions to remember which node layout you're using.
- I worked on some OpenNMS.js dependency updates.
- Stefan added support to the query "hide" flag in Helm for flows.
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Alberto Ramos
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Freddy Chu
- Jane Hou
- Jesse White
- Makarand Patil
- Mark Bordelon
- Mark Mahacek
- Mike Rose
- Patrick Schweizer
- Pushkar Suthar
- Ronny Trommer
- Shankar Suman
- Stefan Wachter
- Tikayat Mohanta
- Upendra Guggilam
- Yang Li
- Zoë Knox
Upcoming December Releases
OpenNMS is on a monthly release schedule, with releases happening on the second Wednesday of the month.
The next OpenNMS release day is December 8th, 2021.
We currently expect minor updates to Horizon 29 and all supported Meridian releases.
Next Horizon: 30 (Q2 2022)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 30.
Horizon 30 is currently expected to have the following features:
- the start of a new Vue-based UI using the Feather Design System
- thresholding support for Flow data
- support for running OIA plugins on Minion and Sentinel
- support for backing up router configuration files
Next Meridian: 2022 (Q1 2022)
The current expectation is that we will release Meridian 2022 in Q1 of next year. It will be based on Horizon 29 plus any bug fixes that happen between November and the Meridian release.
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Time…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12992: Update labelling in Configure Discover screen
- NMS-13212: Vertical/Horizontal Layout Choice Not Persisting
- NMS-13421: BMP monitoring documentation diagram update
- NMS-13508: Node cache gets out of sync with database
- NMS-13579: Link to release notes in web Help / About needs updating
- NMS-13650: Tracing support for twin communication
- NMS-13659: Minion /etc/sysconfig/minion file refers to Sentinel
- NMS-13685: Document how to install from source
- NMS-13689: Deprecate wiki to public, make internal only
- NMS-13690: Make Wiki internal only
- NMS-13709: Flow Thresholds: Scheduling for data collection & thresholding
- NMS-13731: Twin logs doesn't appear in ipc.log
- NMS-13739: Add OIA plugin support for Minion
- NMS-13765: Optionally include a table of event parameters on the event detail page
- NMS-13772: Web-based file editor for $OPENNMS_HOME/etc/
- NMS-13779: Remove link to wiki from the landing page
- NMS-13780: Add support for VMware 7.0.3 performance data collection
- NMS-13781: Uncatched exception when importing a VMware virtual machine without an IP interface
- NMS-13787: OIA event configuration extensions do not work reliably
- NMS-13788: opennms-webapp-hawtio %post chown errors
- NMS-13798: Update FeatherDS, replace LightDark icon, replace sidebar with navigation rail