Since last time, we worked on configuration management, poller metrics, situations on the Minion, documentation, dependencies, notifications, Newts, Tests, PRIS, Java, Karaf, Selenium monitor, OpenNMS.js and Helm, UI fixes, and a UI refresh.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse did some more proof-of-concept work for configuration management
- Jesse added some metrics to the poller
- Stefan fixed an issue with situation feedback config on the Minion
- Bonnie made some updates to dynamic dashboard documentation
- I bumped our
commons-io dependency to 2.8.0
- Christian updated the notification editor to support parameters
- Chandra bumped Newts Guava dependency to 23
- Chandra and I worked on a number of timing fixes for tests
- Christian worked on some metadata-related additions to PRIS
- Ronny updated some of our base images with newer java timezone data
- Stefan fixed an issue with reloading configuration in Karaf
- Craig did more work on modernizing our Selenium monitor
- Ronny continued the work to wrap up the Antora documentation update
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- I released OpenNMS.js 2.1.1; it is primarily dependency updates, and some plumbing support for flow ToS
- Stefan and I worked on wrapping up my port of Helm to TypeScript
- Christian fixed an issue in the graph UI sidebar
- Christian fixed an error displaying error IDs (ironically) in the web UI
- Jane did more work refreshing the look of the login and main page
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Craig Gallen
- Dustin Frisch
- Jane Hou
- Jesse White
- Ronny Trommer
- Sean Torres
- Stefan Wachter
The next OpenNMS release day is May 11th, 2021.
Currently we expect a new Horizon 27 release, as well as Meridians 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Next Horizon: 28 (Q? 2021)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 28.
Horizon 28 will still be coming down the pipeline soon.
Currently, we hope for it to contain the move to building with JDK 11 (and, consequently, a requirement to only run on JDK 11 or higher), QoS flow aggergation, and some other improvements in the pipeline.
Next Meridian: 2021 (Q2 2021)
Meridian 2021 is on track for a release in the 2nd quarter of 2021. It is expected to be based on the Horizon 27 codebase, which means it will contain all of the bug fixes and new features introduced in Horizon 26 and 27.
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Time…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-266: Filter panel can not be created
- HELM-267: Adding a query to a performance dashboard is empty
- NMS-8581: Not possible to define notification parameters via "Configure notifications" UI
- NMS-12497: Migrate OpenNMS core docs to Antora
- NMS-12728: Measurement API: Trim DS name to 19 chars when using RRD
- NMS-12766: Race condition on ALEC's config bundle after installation
- NMS-12767: Race condition when enabling the Situations Feedback feature
- NMS-13235: Issue with parsing sFlow
- NMS-13237: Cleared alarms with closed ticket state not removed when using a hybrid approach
- NMS-13259: Sidebar navigation on the graph results page is not working
- NMS-13263: Change Horizon to new brand icon and update navbar theme color
- NMS-13270: Update Horizon log in page to the new design
- NMS-13275: Fix Foundation 2019 branch building
- NMS-13276: Time zone is handled different on Minion container image based on Ubuntu