In the last week we continued to work on the new documentation framework, performance and bug fixes, flow handling, ticketing, monitors, ReST, and BSM.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ronny and Bonnie continued to work on tweaking and improving the Antora doc rework.
- Jesse made a performance improvement to event label lookups, as well as introducing parallel event processing in the Kafka producer.
- Jeff worked on adding support to Newts for connecting to a Cassandra Datastax database.
- Chandra did more work on fixing up some bugs in ticketing change handling.
- I worked on improving smoke test runs.
- I changed the Trapd minion config so that SNMPv3 config refresh time is configurable.
- Craig continued to work on modernizing the Selenium monitor.
- Chandra added an in-memory ticketing plugin to simplify testing the ticketing API.
- Stefan continued to work on performance improvements to flow processing.
- Christian added a flag to clear
%dpname%in alarms, to be used in cases where people run multiple minions in a single location.
- Marcel did more work on documenting undocumented detectors.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Jane wrapped up her initial implementation of OpenAPI swagger support for our ReST interfaces.
- Christian fixed an issue with changing
reductionKeyin the BSM editor.
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Craig Gallen
- Dustin Frisch
- Jane Hou
- Jeff Gehlbach
- Jesse White
- Marcel Fuhrmann
- Ronny Trommer
- Stefan Wachter
The next OpenNMS release day is April 6th, 2021.
Currently we expect new bug fix releases for Horizon 27 and Meridians 2019 and 2020.
Next Horizon: 28 (Q? 2021)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 28.
Horizon 28 will still be coming down the pipeline soon.
Currently, we hope for it to contain the move to building with JDK 11 (and, consequently, a requirement to only run on JDK 11 or higher), QoS flow aggergation, and some other improvements in the pipeline.
Next Meridian: 2021 (Q2 2021)
Meridian 2021 is on track for a release in 2nd quarter of 2021. It is expected to be based on the Horizon 27.1 codebase, which means it will contain all of the bug fixes and new features introduced in Horizon 26 and 27.
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Time…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-92: Add Antora Xref validation in ALEC CI/CD
- HELM-268: Add Antora Xref validation in HELM CI/CD
- JS-46: OpenNMS.js: add capability and modify model to support querying flow data including QoS
- JS-50: Add Antora Xref validation in OpenNMS.JS CI/CD
- NMS-13091: Enhancement to Topology ReST Endpoint
- NMS-13157: Response time query with ICMP fails for IPv6 interface
- NMS-13165: Write documentation about the turn up of Postgres and Cassandra for more than one node
- NMS-13197: Compile OpenNMS with JDK11 (and remove support for JDK8)
- NMS-13198: Fix nephron/catheter build interaction
- NMS-13205: Antora Xref validation CI/CD pipeline
- NMS-13208: Minion: Kafka related WARN log messages (AdminClientConfig The configuration X isn't a known config)
- NMS-13209: Add Antora Xref validation in Horizon/Meridian repository
- NMS-13211: Improve Event forwarding performance for Kafka producer
- NMS-13214: Backport Enlinkd ReST interface to Horizon 27
- NMS-13217: Minion SNMPv3 trap configuration query is done every 60 seconds
- NMS-13218: Add InMemoryTicketPlugin that can be accessed from Karaf shell