In the last week we continued to work on documentation, UI cleanups, configuration schema work, JDK11 build updates, Prometheus exporting, CircleCI improvements, a ReST API for Enlinkd, and more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Matt did more work on the configuration schema for the Minion
- Chandra worked on some cleanups to the Kafka producer's node schema
- Stefan continued his work on performance improvements to flow processing
- Ronny did some work on doc build errors
- Chandra worked on a fix for handling multiple related thresholds properly
- Jesse did more fixes relating to building with JDK11
- Dustin worked on cleaning up a build issue related to nephron and catheter
- Craig continued to work on modernizing the Selenium monitor
- Christian did some small updates to the WsManCollector
- Ronny did a little mork work on his proof-of-concept Prometheus exporter
- I did a little work on splitting up our smoke tests to be more manageable in CircleCI
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Jane did more work on providing a ReST API for raw Enlinkd data
- I backported/released a small fix to Helm's flow code
- I worked on a UX fix for the notification wizard UEI selection
- Christian worked on some UI cleanups related to user display
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Craig Gallen
- Dustin Frisch
- Jane Hou
- Jesse White
- Matthew Brooks
- Ronny Trommer
- Stefan Wachter
The next OpenNMS release day is April 6th, 2021.
Currently we expect new bug fix releases for Horizon 27 and Meridians 2019 and 2020.
Next Horizon: 28 (Q? 2021)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 28.
Horizon 28 will still be coming down the pipeline soon.
Currently, we hope for it to contain the move to building with JDK 11 (and, consequently, a requirement to only run on JDK 11 or higher), QoS flow aggergation, and some other improvements in the pipeline.
Next Meridian: 2021 (Q2 2021)
Meridian 2021 is on track for a release in 2nd quarter of 2021. It is expected to be based on the Horizon 27.1 codebase, which means it will contain all of the bug fixes and new features introduced in Horizon 26 and 27.
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Time…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12970: Topology Application Map: Outage Table: Clicking on a service should show the outages of the service
- NMS-13131: Nephron: Use unaligned windows for different exporters
- NMS-13134: Drift (ES): Upgrade to ES 7.10.2
- NMS-13185: Kafka producer uses resource name instead of ifIndex as the instance for InterfaceLevelResource
- NMS-13193: Upgrade Karaf from 4.2.6 to 4.2.10