In the last week we did more work on JDK 11 transition, QoS/ToS flow aggregation, Antora documentation, configuration APIs, OpenBMP, and more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Sean did some more work picking up old projects to improve healthcheck functionality
- Dustin, Christian, and Stefan continued the work on adding QoS/ToS aggregate processing to flows
- Ronny worked on updating PRIS to use/support JDK 11
- Sean continued to work on updating our Kafka component dependencies
- Bonnie finished the first pass at moving OpenNMS documentation to Antora
- Christian fixed an issue with running the VMware config builder script in JDK 11
- Chandra worked on stat aggregations in the OpenBMP migration
- Patrick and Jerry worked on configuration handling for Vacuumd
- Zoë added support for silencing some log warnings in the case of purposefully-unused JICMP/JRRD native code
- Dino fixed a silly bug in sflow hostname enrichment
- Dustin did more hostname-resolution optimizations for Elasticsearch flow aggregation
- Dustin updated flow processing to more gracefully handle invalid flows
- Christian updated the WMI collector to work on Minion
- Jesse continued the work on getting OpenNMS to build and run tests on JDK 11
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- I did more work on fixing smoke tests for the topology UI application provider
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dino Yancey
- Dustin Frisch
- Jerry Beuree
- Jesse White
- Patrick Schweizer
- Ronny Trommer
- Sean Torres
- Stefan Wachter
- Zoë Knox
The next OpenNMS release day is February 2nd, 2021.
Currently we expect a Horizon 27 point release.
Next Horizon: 28 (Q1 2021)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 28.
We're still in the development cycle for it, but at a high level it is expected to contained our finished work moving OpenBMP's functionality into OpenNMS, as well as enhancements to handle ToS/QoS in flows.
Next Meridian: 2021 (Q2 2021)
With the recent release of Meridian 2020, plans are still tentative.
However, the current plan is that Meridian 2021 will be based on Horizon 28.
We'll know more once development plans start to firm up.
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Time…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12704: Upgrade Kafka components to 2.7.0
- NMS-12990: requisition meta data are deleted if node meta data defined with "db only" synchronize
- NMS-13065: Flow Rest API: Name lookup is happening per bucket and not per interval (Aggregation Only)
- NMS-13081: Optionally silence file not found warnings for JICMP, JRRD when properties are not set
- NMS-13082: Exception messages during node import (log noise)
- NMS-13088: Keep and adjust flows with negative duration
- NMS-13093: SFlow enhancment is not functional
- PRIS-154: PRIS is not working with JDK greater version 8