Apologies for the skipped OOH, I was on vacation last week.
In the last two weeks we worked on documentation, CI, a number of detectors and pollers, flows, meta-data, Helm, and custom resource graphs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I worked on updating our CI builds to use Cloudsmith for assets
- I updated the HTTP detector to work with servers that do not send a response reason phrase
- Christian did more work adding support for setting meta-data in requisitions
- Dustin worked on improved support for DNS hostname resolution in flow data
- Bonnie and Ronnie worked on migrating documentation to Antora
- Alejandro added support for
custom.system.propertiesin the Sentinel Docker image
- Jeff worked on being able to handle indirect and complex SNMP indices
- David Schlenk updated some of our WMI bits to support NTLMv2/SMBv2
- Christian added a fix to handle invalid flow data from some vendor devices
- Christian fixed VCenter CIM handling on OpenJDK 11
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- I changed the custom resource list to be sorted
- I did more work on fixing Helm in Grafana 7
- Chandra made the custom resource graph handle being unable to "graph all" more gracefully
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Alejandro Galue
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- David Schlenk
- Dustin Frisch
- Jeff Gehlbach
- Ronny Trommer
October Releases - Horizon 26.2.2, Meridians 2018.1.23, 2019.1.12, and 2020.1.0
Last week we released Horizon 26.2.2, as well as the latest Meridian 2018, 2019, and 2020.
For a complete rundown of the releases, see the October release announcement.
The next OpenNMS release day is November 3rd, 2020.
The current plan is to release Horizon 27 as well as Meridians 2019 and 2020.
Next Horizon: 27 (Q4 2020)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 27.
It's going to contain a bunch of great stuff:
- improvements to node caching for flow processing
- VMware meta-data has been moved from assets to the new node meta-data
- Minion improvements, including configuration enhancements and an overhaul to RPC thread-handling
- a new handy global search bar in the web UI
- improved SNMPv3 auth configuration
- a major rework of remote poller functionality, now integrated with the Minion (we're calling it Application Perspective Monitoring)
Next Meridian: 2021 (Q2 2021)
With the recent release of Meridian 2020, plans are still tentative.
However, the current expectation is that Meridian 2021 will be based on Horizon 28, which is expected to build on Horizon 27 with additional flow and metadata improvements.
We'll know more once development plans start to firm up.
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-247: fix alarm table in Grafana 7
- NMS-10351: HTTP Detector does not accept a response without a reason as valid
- NMS-12692: Support hostnames resolution when using aggregated flows
- NMS-12788: Use newer protocol versions for remote DCOM WMI
- NMS-12800: Netflow timestamps incorrectly calculated on interfaces with MPLS
- NMS-12805: Wildcard certificate rejected after upgrade from OpenNMS version 26.1.1 to 26.1.2
- NMS-12813: Include XML schema for wsman-datacollection-config.xml in assemblies
- NMS-12918: Allow setting meta data in a requisition
- NMS-12922: Create a report that matches Horizon 27.0.0 Jira issues with merged pull requests in GitHub
- NMS-12929: Improvements to Timescale Plugin
- NMS-12931: sort custom reports
- NMS-12932: TSS: TimescalePlugin: Create KAR
- NMS-12933: Update Copyright notice for 2020
- NMS-12939: Custom Resource Performance Reports returns Missing Parameter: resourceId