In the last week we did more changes for SNMPv3 credentials, updated dependencies, Kafka certificate validation, flows, continuous, and documentation.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra worked on encrypting stored SNMPv3 credentials.
- I did a number of dependency updates.
- Chandra made Kafka certificate validation configurable.
- Bonnie did more work on documentation for thresholding metadata, and users.
- Sean worked on a fix for the flow "last seen" column not getting updated in raw mode.
- Christian continued his work on moving remote polling functionality to the Minion.
- Jeff added documentation for the
snmpTrapAddressvarbind, used when processing proxied SNMP traps.
- I updated our CircleCI builds to perform some extra steps to publish documentation, XSDs, and other build output used during releases as artifacts.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Jeff Gehlbach
- Patrick Schweizer
- Sean Torres
Calendar of Events
Upcoming Releases - August 4th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is August 4th, 2020.
Currently we expect new bugfix releases from Meridian 2019 and Horizon 26.
Also coming up soon is Horizon 27, hopefully by early fall.
It's going to contain a bunch of great stuff:
- improvements to node caching for flow processing
- VMware metadata has been moved from assets to the new node metadata
- Minion improvements, including configuration enhancements and an overhaul to RPC thread-handling
- a new handy global search bar in the web UI
- a major rework of remote poller functionality, now integrated with the Minion (we're calling it Application Perspective Monitoring)
- BMP improvements
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-88: Tick Errors in karaf.log that might be preventing ALEC to perform correlations.
- NMS-12709: Document Resource types
- NMS-12736: Add documentation for TcpListener
- NMS-12744: Limit nubmer of calls to find metrics
- NMS-12745: Limit calls to the timeseries_metatable
- NMS-12746: Remove (if possible) the conversion from Opennms -> Newts -> TS
- NMS-12747: Add JMX Meters to measure and export performance
- NMS-12748: Remove unnecessary writes to meta_data table
- NMS-12749: Remove conversion to Newts objects in read operation
- NMS-12751: Clean up package structure
- NMS-12758: Review documentation
- NMS-12759: Optimize Performance of InfluxDb Plugin
- NMS-12761: Using Netflow aggregations results in NPE when no results returned from ES
- NMS-12771: Evaluate and improve opennms-cortex-tss-plugin
- NMS-12776: Flow last seen db columns not being updated when raw records disabled
- NMS-12785: RemotePoller: only schedule services that are part of an application