In the last week we did more bug fixing, worked on JDK build system updates, encrypted SNMPv3 credentials, new package repositories, and more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Patrick continued his work on optimizing the new time-series APIs.
- Marcel fixed an issue with parsing
APPLICATION TAGin Netflow 9 packets.
- Chandra worked on storing SNMPv3 credentials encrypted in the key-value store.
- Ron Roskens continued his work updating our build system to work against newer JDKs.
- Chandra added support for ignoring certificate validation on Karaf features pushing to Elasticsearch.
- Chandra fixed an issue with Karaf partitioning and (
donotpersist) events without an event ID.
- Christian did more work on moving the remote poller functionality to Minion.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Marcel Fuhrmann
- Patrick Schweizer
- Ronald Roskens
New Package Repositories
We are in the process of moving our package repositories from self-hosted and self-mirrored to using Cloudsmith.
They are live and active now, and CircleCI has been pushing to them for a few months, but we would like some folks to try them out and let us know if you run into any issues.
For more details on using the new repositories, see this post on our OpenNMS Discourse.
Calendar of Events
July Releases - July 7th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is July 7th, 2020. Currently we expect releases from all supported Meridians as well as Horizon 26, due to backported updates for the RRD Newts converter and an update to the default Java version used in Docker images.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-84: Add Graph Provider to support ALEC
- NMS-12468: Update examples/opennms.conf to be JDK11-compatible
- NMS-12736: Add documentation for TcpListener
- NMS-12760: Add ReST interface for Remote Poller
- NMS-12768: Be able to ignore certificate validation on all Karaf features that push data to Elasticsearch
- NMS-12783: Template field 'APPLICATION TAG' has illegal size
- NMS-12784: Kafka Producer puts all events on the same partition when using