In the last week we did more build and infrastructure work, documentation updates, flow and measurements bugs, and the Minion-based remote poller.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ron Roskens worked on resurrecting his Dev Jam work to build on a JDK newer than 1.8.
- I did more work on infrastructure updates for CI and repo serving.
- Bonnie did more work on thresholding metadata and TCP listener documentation.
- Chandra worked on making the Minion-based remote poller handle poller package association.
- Ronny fixed a bunch of Asciidoc documentation warnings.
- Sean worked on a bug where "last seen" wasn't updating with flow raw records disabled.
- Justin Wood submitted a fix for
interfaceSnmpByIfIndex when an interface has no associated
- Marcel worked on a fix for handling the
APPLICATION TAG field from Netflow 9.
- Ronny worked on updating us to the latest 4.x JNA.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Christian added a ReST interface for accessing Minion remote poller data.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Justin Wood
- Marcel Fuhrmann
- Matthew Brooks
- Patrick Schweizer
- Ronald Roskens
- Ronny Trommer
- Sean Torres
Calendar of Events
July Releases - July 7th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is July 7th, 2020. Currently we expect releases from all supported Meridians as well as Horizon 26, due to backported updates for the RRD Newts converter and an update to the default Java version used in Docker images.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-85: ALEC smoke tests currently failing loading in Sentinel
- NMS-12677: Dynamic service scheduling: Polling package association
- NMS-12735: Document how to use meta-data with thresholding
- NMS-12752: Run a comparison: implementation before changes and after
- NMS-12757: dependency commons-beanutils 1.8.3 vulnerability
- NMS-12770: Fix docs warnings for resource-types, time series config and thresholding
- NMS-12772: Provide a test harness for time series plugins
- NMS-12781: Migrated VMware asset data to metadata entries
- ORG-55: http://xmlns.opennms.org content no longer available
- ORG-87: xmlns went missing as part of our office server shutdown