In the last week we did the June releases, fixed some bugs, did more work on Docker impovements, continued to work on Minion updates, time-series enhancements, metadata improvements and documentation, flow ReST, and more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- We ressurected an old attempt to fix UTF-8 handling in SNMP values from Seth.
- I continued to work on the changes to make docker images built from RPMs smaller.
- Dustin did more work on updating the Remote Poller to use modern APIs and Minion.
- Dustin fixed an issue in the RRD to Newts converter when step-size isn't 300.
- Chandra continued his work on improving thread handling in the Minion.
- Bonnie worked on documentation for metadata thresholding.
- Patrick made improvements to ResourceDAO performance in the new time-series API.
- Zoë fixed some issues in BMP telemetry when handling parameters with
- I removed Windows-related installation references from the documentation for Horizon 27.
- I fixed some issues with CircleCI automatic branch merging.
- Christian worked on moving VMware asset metadata from node assets to the new node metadata API.
- Patrick updated OIA to offer up tag names as constants in the time-series APIs.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Sean fixed an issue with ingress/egress handling in the flow exporter ReST interface.
- I worked on bumping our Jetty to the latest version.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Mark Mahacek
- Patrick Schweizer
- Sean Torres
- Seth Leger
- Zoë Knox
June Releases - Meridian 2019.1.8, Horizon 26.1.1
For the June releases, we put out relatively small updates to Horizon 26 and Meridian 2019.
Both contained a number of fixes and a few enhancements, including Kafka event forwarding fixes. Horizon 26.1.1 also included a couple other bug fixes, most notably a fix for a performance regression in Netflow handling.
For more details, see the June release announcement.
Calendar of Events
July Releases - July 7th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is July 7th, 2020. Currently we expect releases from all supported Meridians as well as Horizon 26, due to backported updates for the RRD Newts converter and an update to the default Java version used in Docker images.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-3672: Poller Packages ignores include/excludes for remote polling
- NMS-4671: JNA ping code returns timeouts for all link-local IPv6 addresses
- NMS-4912: JdbcCollector freeze Collectd when using Data Source Factories defined on opennms-datasources.xml instead of using their own connections.
- NMS-5628: Requisition File is Unmarshalled for each Node as it is Scanned
- NMS-12678: Dynamic service scheduling: Poller-Configuration change
- NMS-12698: Use CollectionSetBuilder to persist response times
- NMS-12722: RRD-to-Newts converter only handles AVERAGE RRAs
- NMS-12730: Meta-data tag enhancements to Time Series Storage API
- NMS-12740: The ReST end-point for the Flow Exporter details is returning invalid content
- NMS-12743: upgrade to latest Jetty security/bug fixes
- OIA-26: Expose intrinsic tag names as constants for TSS API