It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we worked on netflow payload processing improvements, BMP support, time-series persistence, Helm documentation, Karaf shell commands, topology UI providers, and new ReST APIs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra continued his work on using protobuf rather than BSON for netflow payloads.
- Christian, Dustin, and Jesse did more work on adding BMP support.
- Patrick continued his work on a new time-series persistence API.
- Bonnie documented forecast filters for Helm.
- Chandra added a Karaf shell command for displaying the local SNMP engine ID.
- Matt fixed a logging race condition in Telemetryd.
Web, ReST, and UI
- Markus updated the VMware and Enlinkd topology providers to use OIA-enriched vertex metadata.
- I added
/api/v2/snmpinterfaces endpoints to the ReST API.
Calendar of Events
March Releases - March 3rd, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is March 3rd, 2020.
It is expected we'll put out releases on all supported:
- Horizon 25.2.1
- Meridian 2017.1.21
- Meridian 2018.1.16
- Meridian 2019.1.4
OpenNMS Training - Moonachie, New Jersey - March 23rd through 27th, 2020
The OpenNMS Group will be offering training at SecureWatch 24 Fusion Center in Moonachie, New Jersey the week of March 23rd. 8 seats are available, and the deadline for signing up is March 16th.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- JICMP-23: create CircleCI build for JICMP
- NMS-11868: WS-Man Integration
- NMS-12314: Discovery enhancements
- NMS-12415: Create BMP Adapter for Peer Up / Down Events
- NMS-12492: Investigate persisting route prefixes learned from BMP in Elasticsearch
- NMS-12519: Add Netflow 9 generation support to udpgen
- NMS-12538: Expose OnmsIpInterface, OnmsSnmpInterface, others as top-level resources in REST API
- NMS-12539: The OpenNMS web UI has encountered an error that it does not know how to handle.
- NMS-12540: Enable Status Enrichment for existing graph providers
- NMS-12547: Use ProtoBuf to transport parsed BMP messages
- NMS-12552: BMP parser is to strict for unknown elements / types
- NMS-12554: Add basic system test for BMP processing
- NMS-12557: Support signing code in CircleCI
- NMS-12564: SystemExecutiveMonitor fails with exit code 6
- NMS-12572: HQL Injection