It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we cleaned up Helm compatibility, worked on InfluxDB support, continued to improve Kafka RPC, and more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Bonnie did more work on cleaning up documentation in various places.
- Markus continued to work on integrating the new graph service API into OIA.
- Patrick worked on an InfluxDB implementation for the new time-series API.
- Chandra continued his work making Kafka RPC topics more configurable.
- Ronny worked on moving some Bamboo merge and documentation actions to CircleCI.
- Markus did more work on fixing a performance issue in the ALEC topology updater.
Web, ReST, and UI
- I wrapped up the code for my fix for parsing format strings in AngularJS.
- I fixed a number of Helm bugs including Grafana 6.5 and 6.6 support.
Calendar of Events
February Releases - February 4th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is February 4th, 2020.
There will be more details as we continue to work on issues, but currently it is expected we'll put out the following releases:
- Horizon 25.1.3
- Meridian 2019.1.3
SCaLE 18x - Pasadena, California - March 5th through 8th, 2020
Tarus Balog will be speaking at SCaLE 18x on alarm correlation (ALEC) and other technologies for large-scale monitoring with OpenNMS.
His presentation is on Saturday the 7th at 4:30pm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-196: Alarm table rendering failures with Grafana 6.5.2
- HELM-205: Document how to use template variables and node label transforms
- HELM-210: Documentation doesn't show latest release
- HELM-211: Grafana dependency should be updated and should be more specific
- HELM-212: number (count) columns render wrong in Grafana 6.5 and 6.6
- HELM-219: Update CircleCI build pipeline from 2.0 to 2.1
- NMS-12443: Inefficient locking in the TopologyUpdater class
- NMS-12453: Expose status information when fetching a graph view