It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week or so we worked on poller and thresholding updates, more UI fixes, provisioning, startup fixes and enhancements, and more!
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra backported support for refreshing
include-urlwhen a reload event is sent to Pollerd.
- Patrick did more work on the classification rules reordering backend.
- Jeff added collection and graph support for Netscaler vServer.
- Matt worked on performance improvements to thresholding.
- Jesse did more work on making it so unit and integration tests run a subset based on changes, rather than the full suite.
- Chandra fixed an initialization issue in ScriptPolicy when interacting with the node object.
- Christian fixed a deadlock issue in
- I increased the default heap size in Horizon 25 to 2GB.
- Chandra fixed a bug in inconsistent
ipHostNamehandling when (re-)provisioning a host.
- Ronny updated the default notifd configuration to use default auto-acknowledgment.
- Chandra worked on fixing WS-Man under JDK11.
- Matt added a Karaf command-line tool for managing thresholding persistent state.
- Jesse fixed an issue with wiring and Newts.
- Ronny fixed an issue with an incorrect PID file when spawning OpenNMS.
- Jesse worked on migrating the
resourceclitool to Karaf shell commands.
- Ronny added a healthcheck script to the Minion and Sentinel containers.
- Ronny fixed some issues with running as non-root in the OpenNMS containers.
- Chandra backported support for refreshing
- Web, ReST, and UI
- I did more work on supporting “order by” in Helm (and OpenNMS.js) entity queries.
- Christian fixed an issue in the scheduled outage editor when using special characters in outage names.
- Patrick fixed a bug in
cache-controland session cookie headers.
- Christian fixed a bug in deleting in the scheduled outage ReST API.
- Matt fixed an issue in the scan reports ReST API.
- I fixed a problem in OpenNMS.js with processing parameters with multiple values.
FYI: Mattermost Chat Security Update
If you are using the Mattermost desktop client to connect to chat.opennms.com, make sure you have updated to the latest version. They have released a security update for a remote code execution exploit.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- All Things Open in Raleigh, NC - October 13th through 15th
Jesse White will be speaking about ALEC at All Things Open. It’s a wonderful open-source conference here in the back yard of The OpenNMS Group’s offices.
His talk will be at 4:15pm on Tuesday.
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany - October 21st through 25th
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-180: Flow Histogram - Not showing Legend
- JS-43: Update Outdated Dependencies
- NMS-10071: Updating external lists referenced by include-url requires restart OpenNMS
- NMS-10278: Neutralise the docs stylesheet
- NMS-11721: Replace custom bash templating with Confd and streamline entrypoint script
- NMS-11830: CircleCI
- NMS-11834: Thresholding for streaming metrics & more
- NMS-11836: Project Drift Enhancements
- NMS-11844: Grafana Integration
- NMS-11861: Enterprise Reporting Enhancements
- NMS-11975: Grouped flow classification rules
- NMS-11998: Top N hosts (flows)
- NMS-12084: Trapd & Syslogd Kafka Support
- NMS-12212: Show configured rule groups
- NMS-12213: Edit (CRUD) rule groups via rest & gui
- NMS-12216: JMX Metrics for Newts disappeared
- NMS-12226: Wrong PID in opennms.pid
- NMS-12233: Dependency based testing
- NMS-12235: WS-MAN doesn’t work with JDK 11
- NMS-12238: Update minimum required version of PostgresSQL for H25
- NMS-12243: Leverage telemetry sequencing for better thresholding performance
- NMS-12248: Manage persisted threshold state via shell
- NMS-12249: DNS resolved hostname should always be reflected in ‘iphostname’ field in ipinterface table
- NMS-12255: Cannot change the type of a scheduled outage
- NMS-12265: vmwarereqtool freezes and never return to the prompt after is executed
- NMS-12267: EnhancedLinkd-Thread-x-of-x - Null Pointer Exception
- NMS-12270: Remove old comment from data source configuration
- NMS-12275: Fix usage description of vmwarereqtool
- NMS-12276: Increase default heap size to 2GB
- NMS-12278: Add documentation about classification rule & group sorting
- NMS-12280: Migrate resourcecli to the Karaf shell
- NMS-12281: Add Karaf shell command to view raw sample stored in Newts