It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week or so we worked on Thresholding, JDK and PostgreSQL updates, bug fixes, Helm and OpenNMS.js, and the web UI.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Matt did more work on enabling thresholding on Sentinel and persisting threshold state.
- Matt wrapped up the core of the key/value store using PostgreSQL.
- I worked on bumping Horizon 25’s minimum PostgreSQL version to 10.
- I worked on fixing date serialization in OpenJDK 11 to match JDK 8’s.
- Matt worked on a Karaf shell tool to benchmark performance of the blob store.
- Chandra worked on fixing IP hostname getting clobbered during provisioning.
- Web, ReST, and UI
- I added orderBy support to OpenNMS.js filters, as well as support for repeating URL parameters that have multiple values.
- I did a bunch of work on Helm, including bumping Helm 4’s minimum Grafana to 6.0, fixing CSV and Excel rendering, severity theme updates, a bunch of UI and bug cleanups, and more.
- Chandra worked on making it so “graph all” doesn’t cause a long URL exception.
- Christian fixed an issue with deleting scheduled outages.
- Patrick did more work on grouping and reordering flow classification rules.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- All Things Open in Raleigh, NC – October 13th through 15th
Jesse White will be speaking about ALEC at All Things Open. It’s a wonderful open-source conference here in the back yard of The OpenNMS Group’s offices.
His talk will be at 4:15pm on Tuesday.
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany – October 21st through 25th
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany – November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-161: Search Panel should never refresh
- HELM-164: after first autocomplete, variables no longer show all options when first clicked in filter panel
- HELM-165: allow customizable label in filter panel
- HELM-170: The properties in the filter panel need a max width
- HELM-175: Poor alarm query and rendering performance with 3000 alarms
- HELM-178: Change minimum Grafana Dependency to 6 in Helm 4
- HELM-179: add more severity themes for Helm
- JS-42: improve navigation of generated typedoc
- NMS-8712: “Graph all” fails with ‘Request Header Fields Too Large’ error
- NMS-12181: Postgres KeyValueStore implementation via JDBC
- NMS-12217: Can’t change Minion location in the Provisiond UI
- NMS-12242: Invalid timestamps used for CollectionSets generated by telemetryd
- NMS-12245: Karaf shell command for benchmarking performance of BlobStore