It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we continued to work on getting thresholding into Sentinel, fixed a bunch of minor bugs, worked on a new scheduling UI, and a whole lot more.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Patrick did more work on making graph API objects immutable.
- David and Matt continued their work adapting thresholding to work on Sentinel.
- Jesse worked on adding instrumentation to Telemetryd to so packet reception rates can be graphed.
- Patrick worked on flow classification rule prioritization.
- Christian did more work on fixing some flow persistence.
- I fixed an issue with
find-java.shand multiple recursive JDK symlinks.
- Dino fixed an issue with WsMan and ActiveMQ detectors handling configuration properties.
- Chandra worked on making it possible to import a requisition from the Karaf CLI.
- Dustin worked on fixing some graphing issues with flow data.
- Sean did more fixes to his code coverage CircleCI changes.
- Jesse continued his work on a high-performance DNS resolver for flow (and other) data.
- Web, ReST, and UI
- Chandra fixed some issues in the group duty schedule UI.
- I continued to work on wrapping up my Helm entity and filter panel updates.
- Christian fixed a potential NPE in the node maps.
- Markus worked on an update to the report scheduling UI to support easier configuration.
- Christian fixed an issue with embedding vaadin apps in iframes.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- All Things Open in Raleigh, NC – October 13th through 15th
Tarus Balog will be speaking at All Things Open again this year. It’s a wonderful open-source conference here in the back yard of The OpenNMS Group’s offices.
The speaking schedule is still to be determined.
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany – October 21st through 25th
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany – November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12105: AS is stored as signed int in flow doc
- NMS-12135: Add the ability to trigger a requisition import via the Karaf shell
- NMS-12143: Share thresholding state across Sentinels
- NMS-12155: Group Duty Schedules Formatting Issues
- NMS-12171: Nodes and alarms disappear from Geo Map after few seconds
- NMS-12175: WsManWQLDetector, ActiveMQDetector missing setBeanProperties
- NMS-12182: Collect and graph packet reception rates for telemetryd listeners