It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
Between the July 4th holiday in the US, and then personal vacation, this one’s getting out pretty late.
Luckily, no one did anything while I was out.
OK, fine, in the last couple of weeks we did a bunch more improvements to continuous integration, continued to work on flow fixes and updates, fixed a bunch of UI bugs and wrapped up some reporting updates, plus a bunch of other stuff.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ronny finished up his scripts to compare configuration changes.
- Ron Roskens made some changes to update core Maven plugins.
- Dustin worked on some changes to how flow data is calculated based on session metadata.
- Ronny did more work on the smoke tests and their Docker containers.
- Sean finished his work speeding up CircleCI builds.
- David worked on supporting thresholding of telemetry data on Sentinel.
- Dustin and Jesse continued their work on supporting hostname lookups for flows.
- Matt worked on refactoring OIA types out of OpenNMS and into the API.
- Patrick worked on maging graph service model objects immutable.
- Ronny worked on changes to the Docker containers to make them runnable on OpenShift.
- Chandra continued working on his improvements to support large message sizes on Kafka.
- Patrick did more work adding support for graph service searching.
- Chandra worked on making it possible to change a node’s location within a requisition.
- Chandra added support for sending events into OpenNMS from Sentinel.
- Christian worked on detecting and reporting clock skew in flows.
- Ron Roskens worked on fixing a regression in the
- Jeff did more work on his project to enumerate system info for support use.
- Matt worked on making it possible to share thresholding state across Sentinel instances.
- Ronny fixed the Debian packages to properly find Java 11.
- Chandra worked on refactoring some of the RPC code to make it more manageable.
- Jesse fixed a number of flapping tests.
- Chandra added support for triggering a requisition import from the Karaf command line.
- Web, ReST, and UI
- Markus continued his work on a universal Spotlight-like search box.
- I worked on an OpenNMS.js HTTP plugin using
cordova-plugin-advanced-httprather than AJAX.
- Matt finished up and merged the flow histogram panel for Helm.
- Chandra updated the time-series graph page to lazy-load graphs and support search-in-page.
- Markus added an improved date/time chooser to the web UI.
- Jesse did more work on supporting Graphana dashboards as reports.
- Markus finished the work removing the old report UI in favor of the new JS-based one.
- Christian fixed an issue that could cause the node detail outage timeline to be empty.
- Christian added support for filtering alarms by surveillance category.
- Markus fixed an issue with minion labels not showing/being editable.
- Chandra fixed some issues with the duty schedule UI.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- All Things Open in Raleigh, NC - October 13th through 15th
Tarus Balog will be speaking at All Things Open again this year. It’s a wonderful open-source conference here in the back yard of The OpenNMS Group’s offices.
The speaking schedule is still to be determined.
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany - October 21st through 25th
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany - November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-72: Deep learning engine vectorizer does not calculate distance correctly
- ALEC-73: Performance improvements for DBScan engine
- ALEC-75: Upgrade Alec Kafka Components to 2.2.0 on Scala 2.12
- HELM-159: CSV / XLS export in alarm table panel
- HELM-160: Move timestamps to top of alarm table details dialog
- HELM-162: Add legend controls to the “flow histogram” panel
- NMS-7188: Add a JMS broker monitor
- NMS-10695: Filter alarm list by surveillance categories
- NMS-11723: Replace current (Spring Webflow) Reporting UI with an angular implementation
- NMS-11776: Design thresholding support for telemetryd on Sentinel
- NMS-11797: Thresholding support for push metrics
- NMS-11993: Skew detection for flow timestamps
- NMS-12053: Dynamically change a node’s location
- NMS-12080: Support wildcards in service names
- NMS-12087: Hostname resolution for flows
- NMS-12092: Provide search capabilities
- NMS-12095: KPIs for resource graphs
- NMS-12129: Add a command to show configuration diffs
- NMS-12133: Allow tarball installation in Docker images for Horizon
- NMS-12136: Enhance CircleCI workflow to reduce build times and tests
- NMS-12137: KSC Reports search box on home page is case sensitive
- NMS-12141: Add support for sending events from Sentinel
- NMS-12147: Implement easier datetime selection
- NMS-12156: Wrong Wording for Empty Requisition
- NMS-12158: Remove Legacy Database Reports (Web Flow)
- NMS-12159: UsersRestService: /users/whoami returns 404 on ldap authenticated user (not in users.xml)
- OIA-17: Move implementations for API types from Opennms to integration API
- OIA-19: Fix TicketerPlugin to return Ticket ID that is created