It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
Sorry I missed one, I am pretty sure I wrote it but left it in a tab and never hit “save” or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In the last two weeks we worked on a number of flow-related changes including bug fixing, resolving hostnames, and new Helm features. We also worked on a number of other UI enhancements relating to topology graphs, reporting, and authentication.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Christian worked on some fixes to Netflow 9 value scaling.
- Chandra did more work on sending events from Minions.
- Matt worked on adding search support to the new graph service.
- Dustin and Christian continued to work on adding hostname resolution during flow processing.
- Ronny and Jesse worked on CircleCI and test environment changes.
- Chandra started work on supporting moving a (provisioned) node to a new location.
- Web, ReST, and UI
- Matt wrapped up his changes to add flow conversation, application, and host queries to OpenNMS.js and Helm.
- Markus worked on rewriting the reporting UI in Angular.
- Markus worked on adding support for generating reports from Grafana dashboards.
- Markus fixed some issues with 401 authentication handling in Angular-based apps in the web UI.
- Matt created a new histogram panel to Helm.
- I updated a number of dependencies in OpenNMS.js and Helm to fix security alerts.
- Markus worked on a UI to interact with Matt’s graph service search API.
- Christian fixed a bug that would keep services with slashes in their name from showing timelines in the node detail page.
- I worked on refactoring the experimental inventory datasource with the faults datasource into a new entity datasource.
- Chandra worked on making the web UI graph page lazy-load graphs as well as support searching.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany - October 21st through 25th
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OpenNMS Dev-Jam 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.
More details are available in the announcement.
Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany - November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-148: Control resolution when using the flow datasource
- HELM-155: Error on all panels and Grafana Home
- NMS-10719: Angular requests do not handle 401 responses from the OpenNMS backend
- NMS-10775: sFlow: Type mismatch of VLAN value
- NMS-11760: Fix version range for maven-jaxb-schemagen-plugin version in root pom
- NMS-12074: View traffic for specific conversations over time (flows) (frontend work)
- NMS-12075: Provide possibility to add Grafana Instances
- NMS-12076: View traffic for specific applications over time (flows) - front end work
- NMS-12077: View traffic for specific hosts over time (flows) (frontend work)
- NMS-12078: Add support for sending events from a Minion
- NMS-12096: Custom TTLs for detectors, monitors and collectors
- NMS-12097: Timeline missing for service names including slashes
- NMS-12098: Remove circleci build number as tags from container images
- NMS-12102: Windows is failing tests due to spurious cleanup errors
- NMS-12107: Migrate system tests to use TestContainers framework