It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we fixed some bugs, continued working on flow, Minion, and graph service backend improvements, and made a number of UI improvements.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Christian and Dustin continued their work on hostname resolution for flows.
- Sean worked on flow logging to make diagnosing issues easier.
- Chandra did more work on supporting originating events on the Minion.
- Ron Roskens did a number of fixes and cleanups in the Maven build system.
- Jesse did more work on updating smoke tests for the new CI infrastructure.
- Chandra did more work on making TTLs configurable in detectors, monitors, and collectors.
- Patrick worked on graph service search capabilities.
- David continued his work refactoring Threshd out of
- Web, ReST, and UI
- Markus did more work on adding Grafana report support to the reporting UI.
- Markus worked on fixing issues in Angular UIs when the backend returns authorization errors.
- I did more work on refactoring entity datasource access in Helm.
- I fixed a number of build and related bugs in Helm.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany – October 21st through 25th
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
- OpenNMS Dev-Jam 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.
More details are available in the announcement.
Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany – November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-10281: We have a regression in the SNMP core API for get effective address (snmp-proxy)
- NMS-10717: use sevntu-checkstyle-maven-plugin from maven-central
- NMS-10718: use org.asteriskjava:asterisk-java from maven-central
- NMS-10723: Increase logging clarity for flow processing
- NMS-10775: sFlow: Type mismatch of VLAN value
- NMS-10834: [circleci] Building container images fails intermittently
- NMS-11153: View traffic for specific hosts over time (flows) (backend work)
- NMS-11169: Update flow indicators for SNMP interfaces to link to deep dive tool
- NMS-11372: Intermittent 404s from maven.opennms.org
- NMS-11458: View traffic for specific applications over time (flows) – back end work
- NMS-11722: Publish Docker images from CircleCI to DockerHub