It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we did more work on an updated graph service, continuous integration, debugging tools for Karaf and RPC communications, Java 11 support, OCE improvements, Helm updates, and more.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Patrick did more work on domain-specific graph objects in the new graph service.
- Jesse and Ronny did more work on doing OpenNMS builds and tests in CircleCI.
- David added root cause feedback to the health check status.
- Markus did some refactoring of the new graph service.
- Chandra did more work integrating Jaeger tracing into our RPC communications.
- Matt did more work on the direct OCE datasource.
- Jesse updated the JEXL engine to expose step size for runtime calculation purposes.
- Christian and I did some CLI fixes for running under Java 11.
- Dustin did more work on arbitrary node metadata support.
- Jesse worked on improving performance when there are a large number of deferred IO requests pending in OCE.
- Jesse fixed a lazy initialization issue when using ticketing and alarms in elasticsearch.
- Christian added support for filtering UEIs for IFTTT triggers.
- Christian fixed an issue with the RadixTreeSyslogParser and syslog messages with extraneous text.
- Web & UI
- I did more work on Helm, including additional filter panel support, fixing pagination-refresh in the alarm table, and updating the build to use webpack.
- Markus fixed some more issues in the updated Bootstrap 4 UI.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany - June and October
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
- OpenNMS Dev-Jam 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.
More details are available in the announcement.
Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany - November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
Details are still forthcoming but we’re hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1500: Webapp fails to start on Java 9
- HZN-1504: Enhance RadixTreeSyslogParser to ignore specific characters
- HZN-1505: Implement domain specific graph objects in New Graph service
- HZN-1506: Remove PluginManager
- HZN-1508: Update plugin to work with ES 6.7.x
- HZN-1510: Refactor GraphProvider to return Graph instead of being the Graph itself
- HZN-1512: Remove unused indexNew.jsp files
- NMS-10426: broken xml code in foreign source/imports is not being detected
- NMS-10594: LazyInitializationException when using ticketing and alarm history in Elastic
- NMS-10598: Add node/interface/service details as scopes to Meta-DSL
- NMS-10619: Init script errors when starting Sentinel on RHEL 6.6
- NMS-10622: Backport SNMP successor validation
- NMS-10630: Improve test coverage of SNMPv3 traps and informs
- NMS-10632: The navigation sidebar on the resource graph page is not working after the Bootstrap 4 changes
- NMS-10633: Allow the “step” (or interval) to be referenced from a Measurement API expression
- NMS-10637: %interface% & %interfaceresolve% variables do not resolve values in notifications
- NMS-10641: Starting opennms.service triggers numerous exceptions
- OIA-11: Expose service for persisting collection sets