It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we worked primarily on OCE-related infrastructure, some netflow work, and UI refactoring.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse did a little more work on his alarm -> ElasticSearch refactor.
- Antonio continued to work on Enlinkd refactoring.
- Jesse worked on converting OCE to use the new integration API.
- Markus did more work on wrapping up testing for single-port flow support.
- Matthew fixed an issue in Kafka alarm sync.
- Matthew worked on exposing alarm feedback to Kafka.
- Chandra worked on adding situation support to the ticketing API.
- Chandra added retries to Kafka sink so it can recover from outages.
- David updated OCE to garbage collect deleted situations.
- Web & UI
- David continued his work on the topology graph UI for alarms and situations.
- Patrick worked on performance improvements in the topology UI.
- Markus worked on updating Vaadin to 8.
- Sebastian did more work on creating a UI for daemon reload.
- Jeff made some improvements to the scheduled outage UI.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- Scylla Summit 2018 - November 5th through 7th, 2018Jesse will be speaking on Wednesday, November 7th about Newts, our scalable time-series database.
- OSMC 2018 Talk and Hackathon - November 5th through 8th, 2018Tarus will be speaking on Tuesday, November 6th about the latest features in OpenNMS including Minions, Telemetryd (flow support), Sextant (alarm correlation), and more.
Also, some OpenNMS folks will be participating in the OSMC hackathon. The hackathon will be on Thursday, November 8th and includes dinner Wednesday night and Thursday access. More details can be found at the OpenNMS OSMC Hackathon meetup page.
- NETHINKS Asset Topology Provider Webinar - November 14th, 2018NETHINKS will be doing a German-language webinar on the Asset Topology Provider on November 14th, 2018. Registration is required, you can sign up on the NETHINKS site.
- OpenNMS Training - December 10th through 14th, 2018The OpenNMS Group will be offering hands-on OpenNMS training in our Apex, NC office.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1397: The alarm_situations table should contain a timestamp
- HZN-1398: Situation model - prevent cyclic graphs
- HZN-1429: Refactor alarmd scenario & test driver so that it can be used by other modules
- NMS-10348: Harmonizing the reload Events for the Daemons
- NMS-10400: Discovery UI should not allow selection of Minions as Foreign Source
- NMS-10403: Reloading of Script in telemetry collection is broken
- NMS-10423: Kafka Producer: Sync pushes all alarms when suppressIncrementalAlarms=false
- NMS-10428: Typo in BSFMonitor Documentation
- OCE-1: Switch simulator for e2e testing
- OCE-20: Gargabe collect situations