In the last week we did more work on CI and Docker images, Minion bugfixes, time-series metadata, refactoring the remote poller, and Kafka metadata improvements.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I worked on shrinking our Docker images.
- Chandra continued to work on improving the Minion's thread usage.
- Christian continued to work on refactoring the remote poller to be a part of the Minion.
- Patrick and Jesse worked on improved metadata in the new time-series API.
- Dustin fixed some bugs in the Newts RRD converter.
- I did more work migrating Bamboo workflows to CircleCI.
- Chandra enhanced forwarded Kafka alarms to include trouble-ticket metadata.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Jesse White
- Patrick Schweizer
Calendar of Events
June Releases - June 2nd, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is June 2nd, 2020. Currently we expect point/bug fix releases of Meridian 2019 and Horizon 26.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12391: Limit RPC threads on Minion using bulkhead pattern
- NMS-12584: Create lab for simulating and persisting large volumes of flows
- NMS-12724: Netflow ingress performance regression
- NMS-12725: Send trouble ticket id to kafka alarm topic