In the last week we fixed bugs in preparation for release day, and continued to work on thresholding and Kafka backend code, as well as a number of OpenNMS and Helm UI improvements.
Github Project Updates
- Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Dustin did more work on supporting service wildcarding in the poller configuration.
- Chandra made a few more fixes to his changes to allow importing requisitions from the Karaf shell.
- David and Matt continued their work on refactoring thresholding state to be shared across OpenNMS and Sentinel.
- Jesse worked on implementing a high-performance hostname resolution API.
- Chandra updated some default Kafka RPC settings.
- Christian made some updates to fix integer wraps in flow handling code.
- Sean did more work on supporting Sonar code coverage in our CircleCI build.
- Patrick worked on making flow classification rule priority customizable.
- Chandra worked on updating offheap storage to use rocksdb instead of H2.
- Web, ReST, and UI
- Chandra fixed a bug in the KSC report search box.
- Matt added a legend to the new flow histogram panel.
- Markus did more work updating report UI code.
- Jesse did more work speeding up the new Grafana report code.
- I did a bunch of audit updates to JS dependencies in OpenNMS.js and Helm.
- Markus fixed an issue editing Minion labels in the web UI.
- I wrapped up my filter panel changes for Helm.
OpenNMS Horizon and Meridian July Releases
July gave us only minor bugfix updates, with the release of Horizon 24.1.2 and Meridian 2018.1.10.
For a list of what’s changed, see the release announcements:
Upcoming Events and Appearances
- All Things Open in Raleigh, NC - October 13th through 15th
Tarus Balog will be speaking at All Things Open again this year. It’s a wonderful open-source conference here in the back yard of The OpenNMS Group’s offices.
The speaking schedule is still to be determined.
- NETHINKS Training in Fulda, Germany - October 21st through 25th
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
- OSMC 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany - November 4th through 7th
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
For more information on OSMC, see their website. Details on the workshop and a link to purchase tickets are available on their workshops page.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-10716: rancid-api version mismatch
- NMS-11985: Make Graph immutable
- NMS-12142: Stickiness for distributed processing in telemetryd
- NMS-12144: Create Jasper report templates for Grafana dashboards
- NMS-12145: Improve Grafana report rendering speed
- NMS-12160: Outage timeline is empty
- NMS-12161: Init script on Debian/Ubuntu does not start
- NMS-12164: Minion not showing label correctly and label cannot be edited