In the last week we worked on ToS in flows, SSL certificates, gNMI OpenConfig, documentation, Karaf updates, web UI improvements, and ReST.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Christian and Dustin did more work on adding support for ToS handling in flows
- Stefan worked on a change to support importing server certs into the Minion trust store
- Bonnie did more work on Provisiond documentation updates
- Chandra did some final wrap-up of the branch to add gNMI OpenConfig support
- David did some work on better error-code handling in the
- Sean worked on updating our embedded Karaf to 4.2.10
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Jeff made an update to the "About" page to show configured message broker strategies
- Christian added support for querying the new ToS flow information in Helm
- Patrick made some fixes to outage handling in the Application Topology View
- I made a fix to the alarm ReST (v1 & v2) APIs to handle applying multiple values in one
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- David Schlenk
- Dino Yancey
- Dustin Frisch
- Jeff Gehlbach
- Patrick Schweizer
- Sean Torres
- Stefan Wachter
The next OpenNMS release day is November 3rd, 2020.
The current plan is to release Horizon 27 as well as Meridians 2019 and 2020.
Next Horizon: 27 (Q4 2020)
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 27.
It's going to contain a bunch of great stuff:
- improvements to node caching for flow processing
- VMware meta-data has been moved from assets to the new node meta-data
- Minion improvements, including configuration enhancements and an overhaul to RPC thread-handling
- a new handy global search bar in the web UI
- improved SNMPv3 auth configuration
- a major rework of remote poller functionality, now integrated with the Minion (we're calling it Application Perspective Monitoring)
Next Meridian: 2021 (Q2 2021)
With the recent release of Meridian 2020, plans are still tentative.
However, the current expectation is that Meridian 2021 will be based on Horizon 28, which is expected to build on Horizon 27 with additional flow and metadata improvements.
We'll know more once development plans start to firm up.
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The statements contained herein may contain certain forward-looking statements relating to The OpenNMS Group that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties.
...We apologize for the excessive disclaimers. Those responsible have been sacked.
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...
We apologise again for the fault in the disclaimers. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-8484: Add custom string attributes based on indirect and complex SNMP Indices
- NMS-12897: Filter outages table in Application Topology View
- NMS-12948: SSLCertMonitor should include more details about the expir(ing|ed) certificate in reason codes
- NMS-12958: Update Maximum PostgreSQL to allow PostgreSQL 13
- NMS-12961: Create Horizon 27 Release Notes
- NMS-12970: Topology Application Map: Outage Table: Clicking on a service should show the outages of the service
- NMS-12971: Identify message broker strategies in web "about" page
- NMS-12979: Alarm (v1 & v2) ReST Service PUT Can't PUT Multiple Things