This Week in OpenNMS: Release Candidate Wants Your Votes!
by Benjamin Reed: August 22, 2011
It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS. In the last couple of weeks we worked on smoke tests, fixed more bugs, and released 1.8.13 and 1.9.90.
It’s been a bit since we last did a release, we pretty much put all releases on hold until we could put a 1.10 release candidate out. That said, we found a couple of reasonably important bugs (in both 1.8.x and 1.9.x) and decided it was time to take the plunge. 1.9.90 is the first release candidate for the 1.10 series, meaning that we are feature-complete and plan only on fixing important bugs before 1.10.0 gets released. That said, Linkd should be still considered beta for this release. It’s gone through a significant refactor, but still has not reached parity with 1.6 (or even 1.8) Linkd. We will not release 1.10.0 until we have that parity, but for now, if you’re relying on Linkd, stick with 1.8. If you have the ability to help us test the new Linkd code against your devices, bug reports would be helpful, however.
Jeff has been planning on making an OpenNMS podcast for a while now, but Dev-Jam was the perfect opportunity to get a few folks on the mic and talk about the state of OpenNMS and what happened during Dev-Jam. If you subscribe to the Planet OpenNMS RSS feed, then you’ve already seen this, but if not, please check it out!
- 1.8: Current Release is 1.8.13 (Northern Lapwing)
1.8.13 is the current stable release, tagged 10 Aug, 2011. For a complete list of changes and updates, see the “New and Noteworthy” page on the OpenNMS wiki. As always, it is recommended that you back up your database before upgrading.
- 1.9: Current release is 1.9.90 (Balafon)
1.9.90 is the current unstable release, tagged 10 Aug, 2011. This release is not recommended for production use, but for developers and users who want to try out the very latest features, or for test environments to evaluate upgrades to 1.10 when it is released. For a list of changes and updates, see the “New and Noteworthy” page on the OpenNMS wiki.
- [JICMP-4] – jicmp IcmpSocket.h byte swapping macros don’t work on OpenIndiana
- [JRD-7] – JRRD Report runs fine in iReport but has errors when running via Reportd
- [NMS-696] – Availability report time periods
- [NMS-1769] – columnName argument to AssetModel.searchAssets allows SQL injection
- [NMS-1802] – HTTP monitor nits
- [NMS-1865] – The installer should catch systems where TCP connections cannot be made to localhost
- [NMS-2079] – Opennms not honoring changes in opennms.conf
- [NMS-2893] – Node when deleted remains in performance report list
- [NMS-2995] – Trapd is not able to process SNMPv3 traps
- [NMS-3651] – Create detectors for all protocol plugins
- [NMS-3771] – reportd missing ability to select mailer from javamail-configuration.xml
- [NMS-3905] – reload of Threshold configuration does not work – only after restart OpenNMS new threshold are applied
- [NMS-4038] – translated events are displayed like the original event
- [NMS-4350] – spring/beanfactory issue Java 1.7.0 – pointcut issues
- [NMS-4668] – Create a poller monitor to “proxy” pings via the CISCO-PING-MIB
- [NMS-4725] – LDAP authorization fails – group to role mapping does not work
- [NMS-4745] – java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
- [NMS-4817] – Null (\0) characters in logmsg field of events causes org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8″: 0×00
- [NMS-4862] – Add command option to NRPE in provisiond
- [NMS-4873] – Upgrade bug when Linkd tables contain data
- [NMS-4875] – Older builds ov OpenNMS are not available for download
- [NMS-4877] – Typo in datacollection-config.xml
Until Next Week…
As always, if there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism that you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Recent News and Events
- OpenNMS Sponsors barCampRDU
- OpenNMS Brings MC Frontalot to SELF
- Tarus Balog and MC Frontalot at Ohio Linuxfest
Subscribe to this site and get the latest project and event updatesSubscribe via RSS