This Week in OpenNMS: NoSQL is Good SQL
by Benjamin Reed: December 13, 2010
It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS. In the last few weeks we worked on releases, the build system, reporting, nightly builds, and JRobin.
- 1.8: Current Release is 1.8.7 (Chuck-will’s-widow)
1.8.7 is the current stable release, tagged 8 December 2010. For a complete list of changes and updates, see the “New and Noteworthy” page on the OpenNMS wiki. As always, it is recommended that you back up your database before upgrading.
- Jeff, Matt, Donald, Jonathan, and Ronny did a bunch more work on the online reports, including adding a few more default reports.
- Ben completely redid the build system. For details on how to use the new scripts, see Building OpenNMS on the wiki.
- Ben set up nightly Debian package builds. To use them, see the updated Debian/Ubuntu instructions on the wiki.
- Jay has been working on making JRobin capable of writing data to a Cassandra database instead of on-disk RRDs.
- [NMS-993] – OpenNMS doesn’t die on its own when told to shutdown
- [NMS-1657] – icmp and http thresholds not working properly
- [NMS-4263] – Make SNMPv2c the default in web SNMP config dialog
- [NMS-4270] – build blacklists JDKs other than version 1.5 or 1.6
- [NMS-4287] – NPE when trying to generate reports from JRB datasources
- [NMS-4288] – Wrongly substituted path in some reports (“last month”)?
- [NMS-4292] – Build failure – NtpDetector tests fail
- [NMS-4295] – JRobin VDEFs sometimes do not work
- [NMS-4296] – dispatcher-servlet.xml should be listed as a ‘config’ file for debian package install
- January 31st through February 4th: OpenNMS training will be available in the UK. Details coming soon. If you’d be interested in attending a training course, drop us a line and let us know.
- February 28th through March 4th: OpenNMS training will be available at OpenNMS HQ in Pittsboro, NC. If you’d be interested in attending a training course, drop us a line and let us know.
- If you have anything to add to the events list, please let me know.
Until Next Week…
As always, if there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism that you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Recent News and Events
- OpenNMS Sponsors barCampRDU
- OpenNMS Brings MC Frontalot to SELF
- Tarus Balog and MC Frontalot at Ohio Linuxfest
Subscribe to this site and get the latest project and event updatesSubscribe via RSS